You can type here any text you want

removing injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LimitedT

Just getting started
I have the fuel rail off with the stock injectors still on i noticed when i pulled them off there was a orange cap on one of them with a single hole is this something i need when i put the new injectors on or just take them out with the stockers.

When installing NEW injectors clean out everything, smear some vaseline on o-rings & install. There should be nothing in the rail except a nice clean surface. A small Dremmel wire wheel & lots of brake clean work wonders.

ok will make sure there clean, but is there suposed to be somthing on the end like a cap or something the stock ones have a cap on them with a hole for the little niddle thing on the injector.

Can you post a pic. I think your refering to the nozzle on the end of the injector, if thats the case dont try and put anything else on the tip of the new injectors. Injectors have different nozzels in them, my 42lb'ers for example had 3 holes in the tip.

Those are called "pintle caps". They are there to retain the lower o'rings.
Some designs of injs do not use them, as they have a groove machined to retain the ring.

Can you post a pic. I think your refering to the nozzle on the end of the injector, if thats the case dont try and put anything else on the tip of the new injectors. Injectors have different nozzels in them, my 42lb'ers for example had 3 holes in the tip.

thats what im putting on 42's.

Those are called "pintle caps". They are there to retain the lower o'rings.
Some designs of injs do not use them, as they have a groove machined to retain the ring.

thank you thats what im talking about.

well got them on now to see if i got any leaks.

Back