You can type here any text you want

removing stock radio directions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tonysmach

Is there a step by step write-up on how to remover the stock radio from my 87 GN? I figure there is one somewhere to make it easy for me and eliminate me from damaging the dash. Thanks.

Tony

It's fairly easy and the FSM doesn't devote much on it. If you remove the trim piece covering the Radio and HVAC controls (it snaps in so you don't need any tools to remove it, just grab each side and pull on it) you'll see the screws for the mounting on each side of the unit.

Remove the screws and pull the unit out enough to take off the electrical cables and antenna wire then the unit is free.

It's fairly easy and the FSM doesn't devote much on it. If you remove the trim piece covering the Radio and HVAC controls (it snaps in so you don't need any tools to remove it, just grab each side and pull on it) you'll see the screws for the mounting on each side of the unit.

Remove the screws and pull the unit out enough to take off the electrical cables and antenna wire then the unit is free.

Thanks.

I just replaced my stock stereo with the 93 Olds 88 matching upgrade Delco with much better sound yesterday. Just be careful not to lose the clips that hold the trim surrounding stereo and HVAC controls. Screws are 7 mm.

Back