You can type here any text you want

Repairing that driver's bolster....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
Sent my driver's seat to JAX to repair the two panels of the driver's bolster. $170 plus shipping. Picture attached

Installed some new tires and wheels this week too :D

Attachments

• drstpostrepair (Custom).jpg
    drstpostrepair (Custom).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Temp pictures 040 (Custom).jpg
    Temp pictures 040 (Custom).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 104
  • post repair (Custom).jpg
    post repair (Custom).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 123
how well do they match? Does the material feel the same and everything? Look completely original (thread and style of stitching)? Looks good from the pictures and I agree the price doesn't seem too bad. Do you have any contact information for future reference?

72firebird said:
how well do they match? Does the material feel the same and everything? Look completely original (thread and style of stitching)? Looks good from the pictures and I agree the price doesn't seem too bad. Do you have any contact information for future reference?

To my eye, it looks the same in person as the pictures: The match is as good as it gets. The feel of the new leather is a bit thicker than the original, and of course, its smooooooth. http://www.jaxseatcover.com/

I managed to have my seat there while he took a week long vacation....A total of about 3 1/2 weeks, just giving you a heads up that it took some time. The shipping cost, transit time, and time without the car are the downsides to not using local talent. But, for me the optimum match was worth it.

so you sent htem your stock covers and they replaced just the bolsters for you?

ps - for anyone interested i got the entire covers from jax and replaced both my fronts seats. search for my thread for more info...

j13smiley said:
so you sent them your stock covers and they replaced just the bolsters for you?....Snip....

Not Exactly....I removed the seat, and took everything off the seat that would make it lighter and save on shipping. I let JAX remove and replace the actual cover. Sent the entire seat in two pieces to JAX....All I had to do then was reassemble and reinstall the seat.

I read your post a while back....I just wanted to save big bucks, passenger seat is still perfect....That way I was able to put that money on my Alchy kit. Car now has 72k and the seats will last a few more years, I can reevaluate everything then. :)

lee

The reason I was asking about thread color is because I looked at Smiley's seats and the thread looked like it was really white compared to my original seats. The material looked really close though and was just wondering if the thread color still matched.

72firebird said:
The reason I was asking about thread color is because I looked at Smiley's seats and the thread looked like it was really white compared to my original seats. The material looked really close though and was just wondering if the thread color still matched.

I don't know what to tell you about what you should expect for thread color comparisons. I'm happy, but I would expect the exact same spool of thread to look different after a few years of exposure to sun and soil. :)

Even if it was different shades of thread, I'd probably get used to it in a few days. Life is too short.... ;)

Back