replaced Hydrobooster & MC-Have problem

Only experience I've had with Hydratech was good, I emailed asking about their Hydroboost and they were very promt with their response. Included pictures of GNs with their system and PDF install guide. I don't believe the stock pressure lines will work and that adds around $250 to their system

Ok guys, Couple more questions.
looked over everything last night, jacked up front end, engine off, PS resevoir cap off, MC cover off and turned steering Wheel lock to lock 10 times.
started engine ... steering wheel lock to lock again X 10...steering works fine and no apparent leaks.
proceeded to pump brake pedal while engine running and noticed splurting of brake fluid in front part of MC no motion in back of MC.
let front end down and did it some more same results.

Good right ? Hydrobooster is doing something
The harder and more brake pedal motion the more brake fluid activity in front of MC. I thought "now were getting somewhere."

put PS reservoir cap back on & MC cover back on and restarted car. Have some power assist although still does not seem
quite right, Should I proceed with bleeding the brakes at each wheel again and if so whats your guys thought on speed bleeders.

Bring on your thoughts..... if bleeding the brakes at each wheel doesn't work tonight. the HB is getting removed tommorrow

Bleed em, I didn't look at if it was "boosting" until I had the things bled. Did you bleed the mc first? If not do that before moving to the wheels.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bled it while on the vehicle although I didn't jack up the rear end to make sure it was level.
Do you think that because of the brake fluid movement in the front of the MC it means the HB unit is working fine ?
if so I will re bleed MC and then move onto each wheel ....I hope this will solve it.

I'm not even sure, like above, I didn't look to see about it in the mc. I bled the mc on the car(I didn't jack up the back either),then I jacked up the front like you and started her up and cycled the steering to "burp" the system, then started at the pass rear and went to bleeding.
I did put a 2x4 under the pedal so my helper didn't bottom it out while bleeding .

How about: Using a brake pressure gauge on the ft wheels?? That will confirm/deny the correct HB operation.
My metric system, [Chevelle, etc], on the ft of the 55 was pitiful @ 7-800psi, w/ 8" dual booster. HB was installed. Now have 2100psi. This biatch STOPS!

Thanks, For the suggestions, I'm going to do that, I assume that they make a specific gauge for this and you just remove brake line at caliper then test psi.
Another thing arose while I was messing around double checking everything. when the rpms are up a little say 1800 to 2000 and
I depress the brake pedal it has much harder brake pedal as if the booster is getting more flow/higher psi from power steering pump.
Belt seems fine
I'm wondering about also testing the psi from the power steering pump. maybe this problem is partially related to an old PS pump with a new hydrobooster ?

Thanks, For the suggestions, I'm going to do that, I assume that they make a specific gauge for this and you just remove brake line at caliper then test psi.
Another thing arose while I was messing around double checking everything. when the rpms are up a little say 1800 to 2000 and
I depress the brake pedal it has much harder brake pedal as if the booster is getting more flow/higher psi from power steering pump.
Belt seems fine
I'm wondering about also testing the psi from the power steering pump. maybe this problem is partially related to an old PS pump with a new hydrobooster ?

Could be the ps pump output. Take the relief out, and see if it is dirty/damaged.
The brake psi gauge screws into the bleeder port. No need to take the line off.

Is the relief on the power steering pump a simple removal without removing the PS pump itself ?
also if I get a brake psi gauge and a power steering pressure gauge and setup
What brake pressure should I be looking for ?
What power steering system pressure should I be looking for ?

Well,
I have given up after rebuilding my original unit with a rebuilt kit from pirate jack and reinstalling it .
Same results as before, minimal assist and pedal falls away.:mad:
Took to a local mechanics shop, wanted another set of eyes on it. He has gone through everything.... Installed another MC, rebled brakes
and swears it is a bad HB, he said he can hear hissing around the HB while car is running and someone applying the brakes as if it is
leaking bye internally.
no visual leakage from anywhere.
I'm ordering a new Bosch unit from Hydratech $500+-. probably should have done this from day one ! Wish me luck.
I will post results once the new one is installed.
Car might be for sale if it doesn't solve the problem.

In my experience, if the pedal is sinking to the floor there is a mc problem. I didn't read back but have you swapped on a known good mc? Bled mc, started at rear pass, rear driver, front pass then front drive bleed order? Spongy pedal is air in the lines, dropping to floor is something not holding pressure to the calipers, and rear accuators(can't remember off top of my head) if those aren't leaking

"'m ordering a new Bosch unit from Hydratech $500+-"
Elliott would have sold U one for considerably less $$, AND, it wouldn't be sticking up in the air....

"Elliott would have sold U one for considerably less $$, AND, it wouldn't be sticking up in the air...."

What's Elliott's contact info?

"Elliott would have sold U one for considerably less $$, AND, it wouldn't be sticking up in the air...."

What's Elliott's contact info?

I paid $414.00 incl the ride. Faaast service, built the way I wanted it.
[I posted pics of the install in another thread.]

Chuck,
I tried to contact Elliot a couple of weeks ago when you provided the email address, it got bounced back twice so I took another route
From the research I've done I've heard good things about Hydratech Units and good customer service. We will see ..Its about 10 days
before receipt and I'll be installing immediately after that. It better F..ing W.....
I did see your pics in the other thread very nice and clean install.

Is your name Daniel Oviedo? If so, he just got your email. If not, might you know Daniel?

That would be me. Yes, I emailed him earlier today. Need to check my emails tomorrow.

I also found him selling one on eBay for those wanting to see his Hydroboost.

Thanks for the info Chuck!

Dannyo

That would be me. Yes, I emailed him earlier today. Need to check my emails tomorrow.

Dannyo

Link to eBay? EBay seller name?
TIA

Dannyo

Good. So I know that the email addy I posted is working!