Replacement window motors?????

Lvnspeeed

I was told there is a replacement motor for the window motors the make them roll up faster and better and one know who makes the motor or where to get them?

I don't know if this info is still correct, but I kept this info from an older post:

"I just put two new window motors in the Buick (part #WL42000) they are made by Siemans and sold at Auto Zone. Windows now close/open in under 3 seconds. I had a new ACI motor in the drivers side and didn't like it because it was to slow. FYI the Siemans motors are 4 lbs (more windings) the ACI was 3.4 LBS & Cardone 3.1 LBS. Just thought I would pass that along."

A FREE TRICK TO HELP SPEED UP YOUR POWER WINDOWS.
Check out this thread, I've been through about every different motor.

You can get the Siemens motors from RockAuto for $29.99 each. They're listed under VDO, but same part number.

Last year I put a Dorman 742-150 in the driver-side door of my Cutlass and I'd challenge anyone to a heads-up drag race now. Of windows, that is. :LOL:

Those are available at AutoZone and RockAuto. I should do the other side and the GN doors as well.

Last year I put a Dorman 742-150 in the driver-side door of my Cutlass and I'd challenge anyone to a heads-up drag race now. Of windows, that is. :LOL:

Those are available at AutoZone and RockAuto. I should do the other side and the GN doors as well.
Are the cutlass the exact same setup. The Grand Prix I was driving in the early 80's was quick but I never had to take the doors apart. I just wondered if it was one of the little differences in the G-bodies.

I also used the Dorman motor, it works great, crunches the ice up in the window mechanism fine in the winter.

No more stuck windows, and they are fast, well the drivers side is. :p

My friend had a 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix. That car had the fastest power windows I have ever seen on any car. Those cars had a spring in-addition to the electric motor.

Nice to know some new window motors are better / faster than others.

Craig