You can type here any text you want

Replacing radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

I need some step by step instructions on getting the old factory Radio out of my 87... I am putting in a Pioneer double din direct fit in it's place... how does the surround come off the dash etc.... Thanks !

Just pull the surround right off, it's held in by clips. You won't be able to fit a double din unit without custom work.

After the surround is pulled off there are 4 screws holding the bracket in. I think the opening is din 1/2 not double din.

Gee the crutchfield site said it was a direct bolt in for the original... I hope it is...

So the trim panel just pulls straight off from the front and then remove the screws holding the radio and it comes out and unplugs from the front as well ?

Gee the crutchfield site said it was a direct bolt in for the original... I hope it is...

So the trim panel just pulls straight off from the front and then remove the screws holding the radio and it comes out and unplugs from the front as well ?

Then its a din and half, not a double din.

Back