You can type here any text you want

Repost. Thinking seriously of selling my we4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

georgewe4

For a while I have been thinking about selling my 87 WE4. I have had the car for 11 years now and my interest has faded for the car. I still have fun with the car every now and then but other things have taken my priorities. I have included plenty of pictures to help with the thoughts of what I can get out of it. I am not looking to give the car away. I have had it for 11 years, nothing is owed on it and I have plenty of room to park it if I have to. I have had it so long it is actually hard to remember what all I have done to the car since day one. I bought it from a guy who was approx 45-50 years old who had just gotten married for the first time. He bought the car new off of the showroom floor and paid cash for it. He rarely rode any passengers in it and never smoked in it. He had it rust proofed from Ziebart. It needed some attention because he must have thought you never had to wash bird poop off of cars and the exterior was dirty and so was under the hood. The interior was wonderful though. The car was stock and no mods had ever been done to it. He also took care of it mechanically with plenty of receipts of the services done.
The car currently sits with just under 100,000 miles on it.
It is a hard top.
Power windows, cruise, power locks. No power seat. A/C is cold with R-12. Everything works even the power antenna. The body is in decent shape. The paint is fair. The next thing I was going to do was have the car painted and body fixed. The doors have rust at the bottom. I was going to have the bottom sheet metal replaced. The rust is not really noticeable from just viewing the out side.It has not gotten any worse in the last 11 years. The paint is shiny with normal checking and stains in the paint that look like bird poop has sat for a while. Just a few spots like that. The seats are excellent. No wear no tears no rips.
Here are things done.
Hooker exhaust
No cat, (I still have it)
TPS tech
Blue tops
Chip for the blue tops
Adjustable waste gate
Polished plenum
Plenum spacer
100 lb valve springs
kenne bell ram air
vacuum brakes
adj fuel press reg
S-10 rear wheel cylinders
2 ¾ down pipe from bowling green customs
SMC alky kit
The tranny was just rebuilt last year. Pump, wide band, clutches and all. Good stuff was put in it. Also had the rear main seal put in at the same time.
I had the outlaw one wheels put on the car
And the tires have ½ tread
I upgraded the fuel pump just after purchasing the car. The car had approx 76,000 miles when I bought it.
New head liner, have not had the visors done yet though.
The car has had mobile one used since day one. He gave it the slick 50 treatment also
Sill the original turbo, and the engine has not been rebuilt. It runs fine.
I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures. I may need help with this. Like I said I am just THINKING about selling at this point. I am located about 25 miles from Dayton Ohio.
Thoughts?
Thanks. George

Here is the link to pictures. Let me know!!!!!!!
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/georgewe4/
Some of the pictures are taken of the underneath of the car.
I am not looking to give the car away. It has been paid for a while. It just cost me whatever insurance and tags cost a year. Cheap fun at this point.
George

Looks to me like you have a very nice 100,000 mile car in need of $3-5,000 of paint work that will be a VERY nice car with 100,000 miles.:D I'm in the same boat with my WH1...mid 80,000 miles, could stand paint, nice interior - by the time I repaint a car that in my mind is realistically worth $6-7,000 now (that I've probably got $12,000+ in) - there will be lower mile garage queens available for less money. Brings to mind this thread from a while back.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159154 Granted, the mileage was quite a bit higher, but the cars sound similar in condition. Not that I am any authority on the values of these cars, but I'm guessing that your car would be sellable in the $7-8,000 range if someone really wanted it and could either do the paintwork themselves or just wanted a clean TR to drive. Good Luck on your decision!

I remember that car, and I should because I put an offer on it. He never did get back to me though. Oh well, I also got a we4 in the garage with the "RARE" radio delete option now. Not as nice by far, but its what I wanted. Funny how things turn out. I'll check back when you figure out a price for it. my buddy in des moines is looking for one and he makes a hell of a lot more money than me so he could probably afford it. He wants t-tops but with all the stuff you've got done to it he'd be stupid to pass on it.

Thank you. I was thinking I would like to get 7,500 out of her. I am kinda attached to the car having it so long. I know that may sound stupid. So for all of the people that private messaged me. Thats the price I would like to have.
George

Get the car painted with a show car job detail the engine. It will re ignite your feelings and you'll be happy with it again. You have owned the car this long might as well keep it.

I have thought about that believe me. I drove the car about 300 miles last year, and I planned on getting it painted. I have a guy lined up ready to paint it the way I want it. I have just lost intrest in it. I bought a motorcycle and am enjoying it for now. Me and a few friends along with my father-in-law go on bike rides and that is a lot of fun. I have a heated and a/c building I keep the car in along with my truck and motorcycle. I would like the room also. I have had every feeling there is about this decision. I know I will probably have regret from time to time, but I can alsways get anoher one later. Granted the price will be higher. I know if I get rid of mine the prices on these cars will skyrocket. So you all should encourage me to sell!!! :D
I have responded to the private messages.
Thanks, George

Hey I just sold a digital piano to a guy in Florida. So these things can happen. Meeting him in Knoxville to help him out.
Thanks anyway.
George

check pm's message....thanx

georgewe4 said:
For a while I have been thinking about selling my 87 WE4. I have had the car for 11 years now and my interest has faded for the car. I still have fun with the car every now and then but other things have taken my priorities. I have included plenty of pictures to help with the thoughts of what I can get out of it. I am not looking to give the car away. I have had it for 11 years, nothing is owed on it and I have plenty of room to park it if I have to. I have had it so long it is actually hard to remember what all I have done to the car since day one. I bought it from a guy who was approx 45-50 years old who had just gotten married for the first time. He bought the car new off of the showroom floor and paid cash for it. He rarely rode any passengers in it and never smoked in it. He had it rust proofed from Ziebart. It needed some attention because he must have thought you never had to wash bird poop off of cars and the exterior was dirty and so was under the hood. The interior was wonderful though. The car was stock and no mods had ever been done to it. He also took care of it mechanically with plenty of receipts of the services done.
The car currently sits with just under 100,000 miles on it.
It is a hard top.
Power windows, cruise, power locks. No power seat. A/C is cold with R-12. Everything works even the power antenna. The body is in decent shape. The paint is fair. The next thing I was going to do was have the car painted and body fixed. The doors have rust at the bottom. I was going to have the bottom sheet metal replaced. The rust is not really noticeable from just viewing the out side.It has not gotten any worse in the last 11 years. The paint is shiny with normal checking and stains in the paint that look like bird poop has sat for a while. Just a few spots like that. The seats are excellent. No wear no tears no rips.
Here are things done.
Hooker exhaust
No cat, (I still have it)
TPS tech
Blue tops
Chip for the blue tops
Adjustable waste gate
Polished plenum
Plenum spacer
100 lb valve springs
kenne bell ram air
vacuum brakes
adj fuel press reg
S-10 rear wheel cylinders
2 ¾ down pipe from bowling green customs
SMC alky kit
The tranny was just rebuilt last year. Pump, wide band, clutches and all. Good stuff was put in it. Also had the rear main seal put in at the same time.
I had the outlaw one wheels put on the car
And the tires have ½ tread
I upgraded the fuel pump just after purchasing the car. The car had approx 76,000 miles when I bought it.
New head liner, have not had the visors done yet though.
The car has had mobile one used since day one. He gave it the slick 50 treatment also
Sill the original turbo, and the engine has not been rebuilt. It runs fine.
I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures. I may need help with this. Like I said I am just THINKING about selling at this point. I am located about 25 miles from Dayton Ohio.
Thoughts?
Thanks. George

Here is the link to pictures. Let me know!!!!!!!
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/georgewe4/
Some of the pictures are taken of the underneath of the car.
I am not looking to give the car away. It has been paid for a while. It just cost me whatever insurance and tags cost a year. Cheap fun at this point.
George

please check your pm's

Post a number !!!

Why don't you post a contact number or e address so someone can contact you. It seems that there is a "communication gap" between you, this site and prospective buyers !!! This "PM" bullsh..t doesn't seem to be working good.

Thanx...........SBS..........Steve

Replies

Hey guys. Have been out of town. Sorry for the delay.

my85grandnation,
No there is not any rust anywhere else but the doors. The original owner had the car rust proofed. It worked everywhere else but the doors. When they rust proofed the car they filled in the drain holes so moisture couldn't drain properly.

Kid with a toy,

No I have not replaced the timing chain yet.

SBS

When a person works as much as I do they sometimes deserve a little vacation. I have been out of town with my family. With that being said, I had my lap top with me but had very poor service at the resort we were staying at. I could not help that. The "communication gap" is a vacation. It has nothing to do with P.M. bulls..t. However you request an e-mail address here it is georegandtar@sbcglobal.net

tomcatturbo

I'm still trying to find where I posted $76,000. I would really be smoking something strong to post something like that...at least on purpose. I did find approx 76,000 as in how many miles the car had on it when I got it. ;)

Thanks guys.

Back