You can type here any text you want

Respect

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
No kill story yet, but I have owned a 68 Chevelle SS with a B&M blown 406, and a 69 Camaro with a Aluminum headed 412 with a Sportsman Fogger. Both cars ran good 10's. There are tons of kill stories with those two, but I have not had the pleasure of a killing in the 87 GN yet. However, having owned lots of cars, I have never had the "awe" respect, like I get in the GN. It's just different. Sure everyone looks and gawks over blowers and big mills, but when a GN pulls on the scene, it seems like everyone gets really quiet, and just stares, like its a naked woman walking by! When the swam of lookers walk over and began eye'n the car, you do the right thing, answer many questions and say thank you a million times. But the strangest thing happens when you pop the hood. You look at all the confused faces when they see polished aluminum tubes, covers, intake, TB, ect.. And you know what is going through their mind.." What is all that stuff?!" You try your best to explain the configuration, and some will get it, some will not. But everyone knows its a Grand National and they know the history behind the black bulge. You will get the " My friend used to have.." and some will stay and chat. But ALL will respect you and think.." I'm not racing that thing!" I totally enjoy the new thrill of being a Buick GN owner.

Jason

I know exactly what you mean.

I had a 99 Corvette for 4 years and because I am buying a house and getting married I sold it and bought my 87 GN and ever since, I have had more compliments and people wanting to talk about it than I ever did in the Vette. I even had a girl dressed up for her prom run over to my car at a gas station and ask if she could take some pictures with it. I asked if she knew what it was and she said it was her dream car... A Grand National. I was floored when she knew what it was!!

This is my most favorite car I have owned and don't ever plan on giving this thing up!!!

Welcome to "The Club"!!

Billy ;)

like its a naked woman walking by!

"like its a naked woman walking by!"

Excatly

You hit the nail on the head way muchy compliments when you roll in a GN I have 2 and a 89 conv vette and all I can say is Im enjoying the GN as much as I can when shes purring right....

Jason welcome to the site! The trill and trouble that comes from a t buick is something else! Sometimes you will love these cars and sometimes you will pull your hair out:D Right after I got mine, I put the hammer down on a ls1 leaving work one night. I got swarmed the next night when I came in! They couldn't believe I tore him like I did! The ones that know what they are will back away most of the time:p The ones that do not know, well its time to show them the dark side lol. Have fun with her and be carefull Daniel

i think the reason people look at us like that is because a 13second one and a 10 second one look the exact same:cool:

Originally posted by jerrad
i think the reason people look at us like that is because a 13second one and a 10 second one look the exact same:cool:
Exactly. In fbody clubs and forums, whenever the subject comes up of "What car would you not wanna mess with" the usually cocky LS1 guys always say "Grand National. 'Cause you just never know."

Back