You can type here any text you want

Restoration questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Ok Im about to tackle making my newly purchased TTA a nice daily driver. This will not be a show car .. but it will have to look nice.I have lots of work ahead.

I have read thru the TTA faqs list but i still have some questions.

Where is the cheapest place to get the rear wing. All of the places listed want anywhere from 70.00 to unknown amount for shipping the thing... This thing ends up being almost 500.00 no matter from which guy you buy..Any one in Florida who has purchased one and care to share how much they paid?

Who has replaced their upholstery with the Vinyl (pleather) replacement? How much and where can it be obtained? I have seen that both Car Motors and Jax have leather.. But do they have the vinyl stuff?

I've heard great things about the Hawks thirgen spoiler and Hampton vinyl. There have been lengthy posts about both of them. I know 72firebird took quite a few pics.

Jason

I think I did a write up on the Hawks Third Gen spoiler not too long ago. I'd definatley suggest it and I know I posted the instructions on how to install it in a better way than what they say to do in the instructions. I've talked to several people who have had them for a while and had no problems with the fiberglass cracking or anything , infact I've heard nothing but good about them so far. I think it cost me around $70-90 to have it shipped to my house but if you have it go to a business it might be cheaper. Of course if you know someone with a TA that's going to the Trans Am Nationals in Dayton, OH Hawks always has a booth and they normally have them for 10% off and you wouldn't have to pay delivery.

I got mine back in Sept 04 and it was $395.00 plus $75.00 shipping no tax. The company I got it from was APM Automotive in Ft Myers, FL I had it shipped to my work in Fort Walton Bch, FL.

2nd for Carmotorsports carpet.

Pic after I did the rear cargo area.

Attachments

• Carptkit1.jpg
    Carptkit1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 189
Talk to any of the vendors and they can send you a color sample that is the only way to make sure you order the correct color. Or if you talk to Hawks they know exactly what will match out beechwood interior as they dealt with 3rd gens for many years.

They look very nice , just wondering if it was a kit or done locally. ;)

Well I contacted Hawks today. They were very helpfull and helped me with the upholstery situation. Also ordered the full carpet kit, headliner,sail panels and visors.

Now if i could find someone that could repair or remake the factory door panels Id be set.

Back