Restored/Built 87 Grand National, fresh paint with tons of extra parts

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
I am looking to sell my 1987 Grand National that just underwent a complete frame off restoration. This is not a numbers matching all original build. This is a car that was built to drive to the track, make passes all day, and then go to a car show that night with no second thoughts about it. The only reason I am selling is because its time to buy a house so the toys have to go. The car is a real 1987 Grand National T-Top car with 43k original miles that has undergone a full frame off restoration. I started with a highly optioned factory car including T-tops, Cruise control, Power windows, Power locks, Rear defrost, Twilight sentinel lighting, Power trunk release, etc. Every part on the car has either been replaced or restored and its ready to be driven and shown off. The engine and trans are brand new and freshly built with about 60 miles on them and it hasn't seen rain in at least 10 years. The car was built to be driven and enjoyed anywhere and still have ice cold AC. The motor was pulled out and sent to our machine shop to have the block completely disassembled, magnafluxed, machined, and built by a professional engine builder. The trans was also sent out to be built by a professional trans shop who specializes in grand national transmissions. The car is currently running a brand new precision 6262 with an upgraded race 360 bearings, enlarged oil supply and return feeds, inline oil filter kit, upgraded internal casing, and also a brand new heavy duty wastegate actuator for higher boost levels. As for the car, the body was pulled off the frame and the frame was completely stripped, sand blasted, prepped, and painted using POR15. I installed polyurethane body bushings in place of the original rubber bushings, and added the bushing that was only installed in the GNX's. The body was stripped completely down to bare metal, professionally prepped, and then painted in the infamous GN black. The paint is about six months old but before the car was painted I bought brand new bumper fillers including a Spoolfool one piece rear filler. The rear bumper had the impact strip removed, all the holes were welded shut, and painted for a clean smooth look. The suspension was rebuilt and every piece in the steering system is brand new Moog parts. The AC system had the condenser flushed, filter/drier replaced, all new gaskets, pressure tested, then recharged and now blows ice cold. The interior was stripped out and replaced with brand new carpet, windshield, headliner, door panels, front seat covers, and a ton of other smaller items. The rest of the interior only needed to be cleaned up It's a true 1987 Grand National (not a clone) with T-Tops and no rust anywhere on it! The car can come with years worth of stockpiling parts, a lot of which are still brand new in their boxes. Some of the parts included is a complete fuel system (Bolt in hanger system for fuel pump and filters, External fuel pump and two inline filters with AN lines, Jaz foam filled fuel cell) , 2 different exhaust systems (4" race system and a dump behind the front wheel), 3 different downpipes (3" internal wastegate system, 3" external wastegate system, stock system), LED tail lights from Digitails, stock untouched heads, body panels, interior pieces, misc trim parts. Below is a quick overview of the main components of the restoration. Again, looking to sell it relatively soon so feel free to shoot me a serious offer and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'm asking $35,000 obo for the car and the buyer has the option of buying all the additional parts I have for the car for $4,000. That includes every part I have for it which is way more than $4k's worth. Again, looking to buy a house soon so feel free to make an offer and we can make something work.

Engine
- Diamond Pistons
- Stainless intake and exhaust valves
- COMP 980 valve spring and retainer
- Bullet custom cam and lifters
- Total seal rings
- Clevite bearings
- ARP main studs
- ARP2000 connecting rod bolts
- Billet Main Caps
- Ported and polished heads with larger valves
- Ported and polished throttle body with larger throttle blade
- Magnacore 10mm plug wires
- RJC ⅛" Oil pan gasket

Transmission
- Fresh build with all upgraded and updated parts
- Custom made valve body
- 2800 hi-stall lock up converter
- Heat treated stator

Turbo
- Precision 6262 ceramic ball bearing turbo with a ported "S" cover
- Upgraded race 360 bearings
- Larger oil feed and return
- Inline filter built into oil feed line

Fuel System
- Racetronix G7 Fuel Pump XP 255 LPH
- New Stainless sending unit
- Hot wired fuel pump kit
- Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Upgraded 60lb injectors

Exhaust
- TA Performance 3" Stainless downpipe w/O2 Bung
- TA Performance 3" Test Pipe
- Heavy Duty wastegate actuator
- Hooker 2.5" Dual Exhaust

Intake
- MAF Translator with 3" intake and LS1 MAF
- ATR big front mount intercooler
- Stainless intake piping
- Greedy blow off valve
- Billet vacuum distribution block
- RJC power plate for even intake flow
- Angle IAC boss

Wheels
- Factory GTA "GNX" wheels
- New style center caps
- Brand New BFGoodrich g-force Sport 225/50ZR16
- Brand New Toyo Proxes TQ P255/50R16 Drag Radials
- Vacuum brake conversion

Electronics
- Brand new custom Turbo Tweak chip already burned for 6262 turbo and injectors
- Baileys 2-step with rev limiter
- Scanmaster data center
- Caspers Knock Gauge
- Autometer C2 Boost Gauge
- Ashtray dual switches
- MAF Translator
- Caspers cam sensor
- Hidden ash tray switch panel

Cooling
- Factory Radiator cleaned, pressure tested, and fins straightened
- New Condenser
- New Evaporator
- Charged and leak checked AC system
- New GM water pump
- Billet water neck
- New coolant bottle
- New washer bottle

Interior
- T-Tops with NO leaks
- Brand new dash speaker cover
- All new weatherstripping
- Brand new seat covers
- New Carpet
- New Headliner
- New Sun Visors and Hinges
- Brand new trunk carpet and panels
- Billet Horn Ring

Exterior
- Six month old paint job
- Brand new bumper fillers
- Aluminum bumper braces
- Aluminum bumper supports
- New Windshield
- Brand new inner and outer window weather stripping
- Both marker lenses
- New grill
- New front bumper
- Shaved rear bumper
- New door handles and locks cylinders
- Brand new rear coil springs

I have tons of pictures and can send pictures of anything you would like to see...Again, I'm asking $35,000 obo for the car and the buyer has the option of buying all the additional parts I have for the car for $4,000. That includes every part I have for it which is way more than $4k's worth. Again, looking to buy a house soon so feel free to make an offer and we can make something work.

Attachments

• DSC_0702.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 323
  • DSC_0709.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 185
  • DSC_0715.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0723.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0734.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0742.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0744.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 129
  • DSC_0746.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0749.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0754.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 144
I am looking to sell my 1987 Grand National that just underwent a complete frame off restoration. This is not a numbers matching all original build. This is a car that was built to drive to the track, make passes all day, and then go to a car show that night with no second thoughts about it. The only reason I am selling is because its time to buy a house so the toys have to go. The car is a real 1987 Grand National T-Top car with 43k original miles that has undergone a full frame off restoration. I started with a highly optioned factory car including T-tops, Cruise control, Power windows, Power locks, Rear defrost, Twilight sentinel lighting, Power trunk release, etc. Every part on the car has either been replaced or restored and its ready to be driven and shown off. The engine and trans are brand new and freshly built with about 60 miles on them and it hasn't seen rain in at least 10 years. The car was built to be driven and enjoyed anywhere and still have ice cold AC. The motor was pulled out and sent to our machine shop to have the block completely disassembled, magnafluxed, machined, and built by a professional engine builder. The trans was also sent out to be built by a professional trans shop who specializes in grand national transmissions. The car is currently running a brand new precision 6262 with an upgraded race 360 bearings, enlarged oil supply and return feeds, inline oil filter kit, upgraded internal casing, and also a brand new heavy duty wastegate actuator for higher boost levels. As for the car, the body was pulled off the frame and the frame was completely stripped, sand blasted, prepped, and painted using POR15. I installed polyurethane body bushings in place of the original rubber bushings, and added the bushing that was only installed in the GNX's. The body was stripped completely down to bare metal, professionally prepped, and then painted in the infamous GN black. The paint is about six months old but before the car was painted I bought brand new bumper fillers including a Spoolfool one piece rear filler. The rear bumper had the impact strip removed, all the holes were welded shut, and painted for a clean smooth look. The suspension was rebuilt and every piece in the steering system is brand new Moog parts. The AC system had the condenser flushed, filter/drier replaced, all new gaskets, pressure tested, then recharged and now blows ice cold. The interior was stripped out and replaced with brand new carpet, windshield, headliner, door panels, front seat covers, and a ton of other smaller items. The rest of the interior only needed to be cleaned up It's a true 1987 Grand National (not a clone) with T-Tops and no rust anywhere on it! The car can come with years worth of stockpiling parts, a lot of which are still brand new in their boxes. Some of the parts included is a complete fuel system (Bolt in hanger system for fuel pump and filters, External fuel pump and two inline filters with AN lines, Jaz foam filled fuel cell) , 2 different exhaust systems (4" race system and a dump behind the front wheel), 3 different downpipes (3" internal wastegate system, 3" external wastegate system, stock system), LED tail lights from Digitails, stock untouched heads, body panels, interior pieces, misc trim parts. Below is a quick overview of the main components of the restoration. Again, looking to sell it relatively soon so feel free to shoot me a serious offer and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'm asking $35,000 obo for the car and the buyer has the option of buying all the additional parts I have for the car for $4,000. That includes every part I have for it which is way more than $4k's worth. Again, looking to buy a house soon so feel free to make an offer and we can make something work.

Engine
- Diamond Pistons
- Stainless intake and exhaust valves
- COMP 980 valve spring and retainer
- Bullet custom cam and lifters
- Total seal rings
- Clevite bearings
- ARP main studs
- ARP2000 connecting rod bolts
- Billet Main Caps
- Ported and polished heads with larger valves
- Ported and polished throttle body with larger throttle blade
- Magnacore 10mm plug wires
- RJC ⅛" Oil pan gasket

Transmission
- Fresh build with all upgraded and updated parts
- Custom made valve body
- 2800 hi-stall lock up converter
- Heat treated stator

Turbo
- Precision 6262 ceramic ball bearing turbo with a ported "S" cover
- Upgraded race 360 bearings
- Larger oil feed and return
- Inline filter built into oil feed line

Fuel System
- Racetronix G7 Fuel Pump XP 255 LPH
- New Stainless sending unit
- Hot wired fuel pump kit
- Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Upgraded 60lb injectors

Exhaust
- TA Performance 3" Stainless downpipe w/O2 Bung
- TA Performance 3" Test Pipe
- Heavy Duty wastegate actuator
- Hooker 2.5" Dual Exhaust

Intake
- MAF Translator with 3" intake and LS1 MAF
- ATR big front mount intercooler
- Stainless intake piping
- Greedy blow off valve
- Billet vacuum distribution block
- RJC power plate for even intake flow
- Angle IAC boss

Wheels
- Factory GTA "GNX" wheels
- New style center caps
- Brand New BFGoodrich g-force Sport 225/50ZR16
- Brand New Toyo Proxes TQ P255/50R16 Drag Radials
- Vacuum brake conversion

Electronics
- Brand new custom Turbo Tweak chip already burned for 6262 turbo and injectors
- Baileys 2-step with rev limiter
- Scanmaster data center
- Caspers Knock Gauge
- Autometer C2 Boost Gauge
- Ashtray dual switches
- MAF Translator
- Caspers cam sensor
- Hidden ash tray switch panel

Cooling
- Factory Radiator cleaned, pressure tested, and fins straightened
- New Condenser
- New Evaporator
- Charged and leak checked AC system
- New GM water pump
- Billet water neck
- New coolant bottle
- New washer bottle

Interior
- T-Tops with NO leaks
- Brand new dash speaker cover
- All new weatherstripping
- Brand new seat covers
- New Carpet
- New Headliner
- New Sun Visors and Hinges
- Brand new trunk carpet and panels
- Billet Horn Ring

Exterior
- Six month old paint job
- Brand new bumper fillers
- Aluminum bumper braces
- Aluminum bumper supports
- New Windshield
- Brand new inner and outer window weather stripping
- Both marker lenses
- New grill
- New front bumper
- Shaved rear bumper
- New door handles and locks cylinders
- Brand new rear coil springs

I have tons of pictures and can send pictures of anything you would like to see...Again, I'm asking $35,000 obo for the car and the buyer has the option of buying all the additional parts I have for the car for $4,000. That includes every part I have for it which is way more than $4k's worth. Again, looking to buy a house soon so feel free to make an offer and we can make something work.

Dropping the price to hopefully get the car sold soon. New price is $32,000 obo. Really looking to sell it soon so fell free to ask any questions or make an offer.

Still available. Will make a good deal for someone on this forum and for spare parts as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will accept trades of equal value also.