You can type here any text you want

Restraint System

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

I just got off the phone with Summit Racing. My present seat belt system is outdated so I was going to order another one. However the guy told me that the "V" belts for over the shoulder are no longer NHRA legal.
He said you must now have 2 mounting points for the shoulder straps instead of the old single point.

Is this true?

Lemme make it clearer. I presently have a 3" submarine belt with the cam lock on this piece attached through the floor under the seat. I have one lap belt coming from the thru the floor mount up and into the camlock. Ditto on the other side for the lap belt. Plus each shoulder belt goes up over each shoulder and connects to the same mounting hole on a plate welded to the cross bar on the roll bar hoop. He says the shoulder belts now have to have their own mounting plate on the cross bar.

Whew....fingers sore. So....anyone know for sure?

Summit is correct. The last SFI cert Y type belts were manufactured 12/04. Since they're good for 2 years Dec '06 is the end of them :mad: Each side of the shoulder restraints must now have it's own mounting point.

-scott wile

Hey, good website Jeff. Thanks.

After Scott confirmed Summit's answer I started to look at the G-Force stuff in Summit's catalogue. And I spoke to Shawn in Boise about the restraint system.

Shawn says that R.J.S. will re-certify my old harness AND fix the shoulder belts to reflect the new rule so I'm going to finish the season with my old harness then send my belts off to be re-certified.

And what caught my eye about G-Force was their Hans type device. $269 but I'd have to buy a new helmet to go with it. I'm getting too old to have my head snapped off ala Dale Earnhart so I'll probably go for the complete helmet and hans thingy.

Thanks again.

Back