You can type here any text you want

rev limiter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4 Sale
Two questions on the Extender chip:
1.Does the shift light setting on this chip also function as a rev limiter? Or is the limiter a function that is burned in by the chip maker.
2. Does hitting the rev limiter show up as knock retard?
:confused:
Thanks in advance:D

Good question. Does hitting the rev limiter hurt anything? i.e. does it cut fuel?

Originally posted by 441120
Two questions on the Extender chip:
1.Does the shift light setting on this chip also function as a rev limiter? Or is the limiter a function that is burned in by the chip maker.
2. Does hitting the rev limiter show up as knock retard?
:confused:
Thanks in advance:D

1. No

2. It shouldn't. hitting the rev limiter in the typical T/R chip is a fuel cut function

There are typically two fuel cut functions in the typical T/R chip. One is base on rpm (what we call the rev limiter).
The other is based on mph, and most aftermarket chip burners bump it's limit to an unatainable value (stock it's set to cut at 125mph).

oops

Thanks!
Was just courious, normally I get a max of 0.7 KR if any,then the other day I got on it from a stop and it stayed in first too long (in Drive) and bounced off limiter, scan master recorded 13.9 KR:eek:
All the parts stayed in the block :D
Live to fight another day.

When you hit the rev limit rpm setting and fuel is cut...that is not a good thing cause you will be under full boost also ...cutting fuel will make it go lean and cause knock.

Back