You can type here any text you want

ricer goes down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nicey623

How fast.... V6 fast
A highschool boy with his GSX thought he was fast. He pulled up to me a week ago & wanted to go but I signaled to hom that I had my 18 month old girl in the back & I WON'T race with her in the car. Anyway last night I was taking my buddy out for a cruze since I put in my SMC alky kit. The GSX happened to pull up & wanted to go. I told him I'll give it a go but my tranny is slipping real bad ( next fri it goesd to Jimmy for a new tranny with PE 3200 stall ) Light goes green he pulled out about a car length then my tranny finally hit 2nd gear. I hit 23#s & blew by like he was standing still.

87 Limited, astroroof TA60, streched IC, MSD 50, Biggied cold air kit, 206 cam, champion ported heads with matching intake, caspers 8 position TW chip, 1.55 roller rockers.

no times yet

With your combo---unless he had a tubbed front end(:rolleyes: :confused: --just seems backwards to me),roll cage(:p ),gutted interior(:( ),big bottle of NAWS(;) ) and one of them there jap. spec---engine swaps(:mad: )----he SHOULD be your boy-toy!!!:cool: --good kill------bet it was fun:D

Geoff

hey ghall

yeah it was fun to see the look on his face. He did give me a thumbs up though. Can't wait to get my new tranny & stall, then it will go on the dyno to see what rwhp I'm pushing. Hoping for 450 - 480 but I gave no idea:cool:

If yer pushin' 480 rwhp, best get two transmissions for when you break the first one! Good kill.
Keith

at 16#'s with a bad cam & 20 gedrees of timing it put 301 rwhp down. So with 23#'s & 26 degrees I hope for 4 something but that is probably why my tranny is messed up now.

Not to be a nag, but. If that was a Eclipse GSX that guy didnt have anything in it, or couldnt drive. Those things are turbo 4, AWD, and alot of performance parts for cheap. My buddy has one that is a total sleeper and runs with my gn for a little. Every time he launches the car gets 2 lenghts in front of me and I have to chase him down. We need an awd gn. His has alot of modifications on it, but isnt rice loud and dosnt have rims or a body kit. In general kill the gaudy ones watch out for the stock lookin ones with a little grumbleing exhaust note.

Nick

yeah like I said highschool boy who thought he was fast. I don't think he had anything done to it but a 4" coffee can for an exhaust. If they are set up right they are a pretty quick car. My brother has a co-worker who is set up pretty nice with all the mods running 15#'s ( leans out to much at 20#'s ) running a 12.7 in the quarter. He wants to race me but can't understand how a 3.8 V6 with rear wheel drive can hook up.

Well I put my car on the dyno today. At 20#'s & 24 degrees timing it pulled 398.7 rwhp, & 403.8 ft lbs trq. I'm pretty happy considering it is my daily grocery getter. Love the new trans w/ PE 3200 stall

87 limited, astroroof, TA60, 50 MSD, Casper 8 TW chip, 206 cam, Cottons streched IC, champion iron heads w/ port matched intake, PE 3200 stall w/ Jimmys trans, SMC alky, 1.55 roller rockers, biggie cold air kit

wow nicey good dyno run! I hope i can get my car there someday, but gotta pay my way through school first.

ghall

Gsx are light, turbo 4 and AWD..aka good launch and traction...just terrible top end but overall ok cars...

nicey623-But I you had a good tranny then you really r@ped him easly..they ave to torque

Originally posted by The Don
ghall

just terrible top end but overall ok cars...

?? my car will do 170 mph w/o even trying.

an eclipse is obviously more aerodynamic than any TR.... not to mention they weigh anywhere from 5-800 lbs. less. id be willing to go for a freeway run with any of you..:D :cool:

Back