rifle ammo

topfuel

nitro sniffer
I was tearing down a drop ceiling in my basement and found a box of old 30-30 rounds stashed in the ceiling:eek:
I'm guessing they've been up there since the 1960's.

How should I dispose of them? I can't just throw them out.
Are they more dangerous when they're old? I was afraid to handle them so I carefully set them up on a shelf for now.

What should I do???

Nothing to worry about. I just happen to have an old 30-30(Marlin, side eject), I would probably do a little target practice myself.

You can turn them in to the local law enforcement agency if no one wants them. You wouldn't believe the stuff that gets turned in and then over to us for disposition.

they are is nothing to worry about its not like TNT that becomes more unstable as it gets older.

as for shooting them dont. keep them cause the box is prolly very cool looking, and there is a reasonable collector market for them.

Dathan

personally i'd go shoot them, thats what they were made for right? and whats funner than shooting stuff:D

the ebay idea is pretty good too, but i don't know if you can sell that. I know you can't sell guns, so i think that would go for ammo as well. but maybe since its sortof old you can get by with it. check it out.

Thanks guys, good ideas.
Too bad the box is kinda beat up looking, and there are only 6 rounds left. They are Remington Kleanbore 30-30 Winchester express 170 grain soft point "core-lokt" bullets, box of 20.
I couldn't find a date on the box, but there is a price of $3.95 stamped on the front.
How much does a box of 30-30 rounds cost today?