You can type here any text you want

Riken 16x8" fronts $ Riken 16x9.5" rears

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XxDarkSidexX

Banned
***My write up for my custom Riken Staggered Wheel Set***
**Long Post**

Here are some ceity pics of my Rikens! I got them redone about 6 months ago, I just was waiting for my rebuild to get finished to put them on. And well its almost ALL done, runs great, using FAST is a blast, t66dbb take 1 full minute to spin down, just a few more minor installs and i'll hit the road (boost controller, finish exhaust, weldin wolf bar, carbon KEVLAR Bride Gias seat, takata harness ect). I dont think anyone has taken 2 sets of Riken's and made 1 set of wheels, staggered. One set was from ebay off a GN (16x8's) and the other set I negociated a hefty price for from a corvette collector in San Diego, of course he knew about my plans and it was one of the reasons he sold them to me (16x9.5's). I still have another staggered set I can make with the other wheels, but havn't yet because well i dont know, but the next staggered set will have 16x7's for fronts or I might sacrafice that pair 16x7's for like a 16x4 pair not quite sure. If anyone else has ever heard of this being done let me know, but I would like to think I'm the only one who has spent their time, and money to this to a set of Riken's. Basically I remade the entire wheel, but just to DARKSIDE spec's ;)

Both sets the 16x8's and 16x9.5's were completly redone, by that I mean I had the center mesh peice cut out and pulled back along the inside of the wheel in order to get the backspacing right for the GN, well it also happened to extend the lip on the wheels (an effect I was planning for :)) Then had the mesh centers rewelded to the aluminum wheel and WHA LA! Got them powder coated BLACK of course, and repolished and they look just tits! Rears with 295/50/16's BFG's like it should be and a 5/16's spacer w/no rub and a 4.75" LIP. Fronts with 225/45-50/16's I forget off the top of my organic beer drunken head:tongue: but yea they have a 3.75" LIP on them, pretty cool looking. Got some sicky racing extended open ended lug nuts, dark titanium color - they should look sweet when rolling.

Suspension: Eibach springs all around, hotchkis solid uppers/lowers with a wolf sway bar (not installed yet), rear air bags, and Rancho RX9000 5way adjustable shocks. Enjoy! I take ceity pictures so forgive their quality. Click on any picture, then in the next page click the picture again to expand it.

100_2018.jpg

100_2023.jpg

100_2031.jpg

100_2032.jpg

100_2034.jpg

The first picture is probably the best one to show how big those meats are. The last picture is cleaner, but my wheels are dirty I should have cleaned them. The DARKSIDE sticker is coming off when I get back on the road, it was really just a motivation sticker to stare at during the rebuild. And dont forget about the prius! My 04' w/80k miles nothing but easy 50mpg driving, oil/filters only for maintenance and have loved every minute of it! BTW this picture is ironic for me because I was so close to spending some cash for a 4th set of Rikens for the prius, but thought not.....cus its a prius rofl, its not a car to spend $ on modding thats the point of the car in the first place!

Hope everyone likes, if you dont thats great too, write about it!

If anyone else has ever heard of this being done let me know, but I would like to think I'm the only one who has spent their time, and money to this to a set of Riken's.

"XxDarkSidexX", believe it or not, I did the same thing as you, but using GTA wheels. I must say that aside from the area where the spokes meet the rim, the Rikens are very close looking to the GTA's...I cannot really see the detail in the center area where the lug nuts are though, but they indeed look similar.
I've had some 16"x10"s with a (rear spacing of 4.25) for the rear and some 16"x5"s for the front (don't remember the rear spacing for those...:rolleyes: )
I put some M&H drag radials 275-55-16's at the rear and some Hankook optimo 205-65-16's at the front.
See the pictures below for the final result...Hope you like them!...

Claude :)

beautiful pictures. when i save more money I will do a set of 1 off Riken skinnies to match the 1 off riken 9.5" rears.

That is the same look i go for, but just riken wheels. Looks sick man! GREAT TASTE! car looks awsome, great background!

XxDarkSidexX

beautiful pictures. when i save more money I will do a set of 1 off Riken skinnies to match the 1 off riken 9.5" rears.

That is the same look i go for, but just riken wheels. Looks sick man! GREAT TASTE! car looks awsome, great background!

XxDarkSidexX

Thanks "DarkSide" for your good comments!..Just one question for curiosity...:confused: Why did you use Riken wheels? Was it because they were the ones you happened to find (or would you also have liked GTA's?) or were they what you really werer looking for? If I remember correctly, American Racing had the same wheels too for a while...They looked so similar that I wouldn't be surprised if both American Racing's and Riken's were exactly the same wheels sold under different brand names...Kirban also sold some a while ago but I don't know under which name...:confused: ...but don't get me wrong...they (GTA, American Racing, Riken) all look GORGEOUS on a GN! :eek:

Claude :wink:

Back