You can type here any text you want

RJC boost contoller and actuator arm question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

Will try to make this short. I have an RJC boost controller and I cant go over 19psi with the test pipe opened or 17psi with it closed. The RJC is turned all the way in and wont go over 19 with the test pipe open.
I have all new vacuum hoses, cant find any vacuum leaks, no knock, 02's normal, blm 132, Razors Alky, no studdering, no missing and spools up fast.

I thought that the RJC would allow me to go as much as 25 but is maxed out now with the 19.
I have the the recommended 1/8 tension on the actuator arm.

Question is, if I turn the adjustable actuator arm in a few turns for more tension, will that increase the boost of the RJC as well or will that have no effect.
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have my HD wastegate and RJC controller both maxxed and am making 18-20 PSI. I think my stock turbo is just done at that point. I have tried the actuator at all different settings and I get the same results. Not sure what the deal is.

What turbo do you run?

Jason

I've got a buddy pushing, according to him, 24lbs of boost with a stock turbo.:confused:

I have my HD wastegate and RJC controller both maxxed and am making 18-20 PSI. I think my stock turbo is just done at that point. I have tried the actuator at all different settings and I get the same results. Not sure what the deal is.

What turbo do you run?

Jason

Running the stock turbo.

What mods do you have? I have heads and a cam and 3" single shot from turbo down.

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I took the turbo elbow off and could see where the puck was not covering the hole completely. The recommendation was a larger puck. You might find more info about this larger puck by doing a search :)

I've also read where some board members have stretched or shortened the internal springs of the manual boost controllers....Search on that too :)

One easy way to check things out would be to take the controller off completely and cap the pressure port on the turbo off and quickly see what the boost does. It should max out your boost gauge real quick if the all else is working right because the wastegate should stay shut.

Back