RJC boost controller question?

V6-Sauce

hi, I would like to install the rjc boost controller, I would like to set it at 17....My boost is set right now at 15 with a straight hose from the compressor to the actuator. I have a stock gn turbo. my question is can I just install the controller with my boost set the way it is now at 15 and just bring the boost up with the BC, by turing the L shape end out-wards less boost(rjc boost controller)?Is this correct?

You should be able to....screw the device in to make it shorter.longer less boost...short more boost.

Make sure that there are at least three threads holding, four is better, otherwise the valve can separate. This will cause maximum boost.

If you have access to an air compressor with a decent gauge on it, can use it to pre-set the boost level. Set the air compressor regulator for the desired boost level (17 psi in this case). Then use a small volume of air and adjust the boost controller until it just lifts the ball off the seat.

Lock it down, install and test.

RemoveBeforeFlight

That's a good safe idea, I have a compressor with gauge, I tryed this BC awhile back but the BC wouldn't go below 20psi. So I disconnected it, I heard if u shorten the spring in the boost controller it would change the range of boost, maybe alittle lower. For me it's worth a shot because I run lower boost levels than most. I'm going to try to cut 1 ring off the spring and see if I see 17psi. This BC is suppose to be pretty good even with a stock gn turbo, quicker spool up's, and the boost is right on in one shot. thx for the idea