You can type here any text you want

RJC Power Plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I just tried installing a RJC powerplate and one of my studs/bolts will not catch. It is the stud that the throttle cable bracket bolts to. Does anyone know of a solution to fix this short of removing the powerplate?

Might have to drill out the hole on the powerplate a little maybe. But i didnt have any problems with mine. Make sure you have the powerplate facing the right way to.

Could try a little longer bolt. Worst case it needs to be drilled and heli coiled.

Thanks. I did get it to catch finally. I will have to probably have it helicolied because it will not tighten.

stud install fix

I just tried installing a RJC powerplate and one of my studs/bolts will not catch. It is the stud that the throttle cable bracket bolts to. Does anyone know of a solution to fix this short of removing the powerplate?

Use a stud instead of a bolt. I had the same issue with my two bolts at the rear (closest to firewall)....didn't feel like much thread was left after power plate was installed. I didn't want to chance stripping the threads.

Take the bolt with you down to Home Depot / Lowes etc, and match up the threads .....buy a short length of threaded rod (stainless or galvanized it doesn't really matter).....cut it slightly longer than bolt you're replacing... screw it in till it bottoms out....then install your nut.

Should be good to go!

dave

Use a stud instead of a bolt. I had the same issue with my two bolts at the rear (closest to firewall)....didn't feel like much thread was left after power plate was installed. I didn't want to chance stripping the threads.

Take the bolt with you down to Home Depot / Lowes etc, and match up the threads .....buy a short length of threaded rod (stainless or galvanized it doesn't really matter).....cut it slightly longer than bolt you're replacing... screw it in till it bottoms out....then install your nut.

Should be good to go!

dave

Sounds like a good idea. Too bad I didn't get on here and ask earlier, I managed to scratch my newly powder coated plenum really good. Wanted to punch my own self in the head!

"Wanted to punch my own self in the head!"
Been there done that - :biggrin:

Back