You can type here any text you want

roller rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v62go

i just wondering if i will run in to any problems putting 1.65 rollers on my ported steel heads i have a small roller cam and also any gain in hp.....

I don't see why you would have any problems doing that. The difference between the 1.55 and 1.65 rockers is the location of the push rod cup on the rocker. The 1.65 rockers have it relocated closer to the center fulcrum giving the valve approximately .030 more lift. Just make sure your valve springs can handle the extra lift without coil bind.

should they bolt right on with no clearence issues and how about push rod length i measured my push rods looks like they measure 8.200

You WILL have to grind the sides of the pedistals to clear the rockers. No way around it. If your head porter was savy, he would have done that already for you. I always do that to every Buick V6 head I port. It only takes a few minutes to do, and if you do it on the car (possible) it makes a HUGE mess and is HARD to get perfectly clean. Search the site for pictures. I've posted a pic or two recently.

Valve covers

You will have to get RJC v.c. spacers or buy the correct v.c. that will also clear the A.C. evap. housing.

If you don't have the rockers now but plan on getting them?

What is the dimensions on top of the pedestal I need to shoot for when grinding mine?

How far down the pedestal do you go?

What is the dimension at the bottom of the portion ground down width wise?
I
Thanks,
Walt

Trim approx. .125" off of each side and deepen the trim approx. .250". Have the roller rockers there to trim as required. Some of the pedistals will clear, most won't.

i went ahead and ordered t d 1.65 roller rockers i have the small 206 roller atr cam should i have any guide clearence problems and i have 8.200 push rods will i be in the ball park thanks...........plus i already have big valve heads

Anything over .510" net valve lift, will be too close on the exhaust side on a stock set-up. Be sure to factor in valve loft if you have only 90 lbs. of seat pressure. THat is the valve can be "thrown" farther open tan the cam is opening it. If there is low spring rates, then the valve will open farther than is advertised, at high rpm. I find that the hydraulic roller setup at stock ratios, is too close on a stock head. (at least for MY standards.) Typical lift with stock ratio is .517", and that is too close for stock retainer to guide clearance on the exhaust valve. Some guys run it as-is, but I don't like it. Time for stainless valves, and good seals. (AND good port work, too;) )

Anything over .510" net valve lift, will be too close on the exhaust side on a stock set-up. Be sure to factor in valve loft if you have only 90 lbs. of seat pressure. THat is the valve can be "thrown" farther open tan the cam is opening it. If there is low spring rates, then the valve will open farther than is advertised, at high rpm. I find that the hydraulic roller setup at stock ratios, is too close on a stock head. (at least for MY standards.) Typical lift with stock ratio is .517", and that is too close for stock retainer to guide clearance on the exhaust valve. Some guys run it as-is, but I don't like it. Time for stainless valves, and good seals. (AND good port work, too;) )

Sounds like you are talking about valve to piston clearance issues.

I the valve never even hit the clay on top of my piston when I checked it and there was about a 1/4 inch of clay on the piston

Back