You can type here any text you want

roller rockers...

• Thread starter Thread starter jacques
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

jacques

looking for roller set-up for an 80 t-type motor....all I can find are stage 2 rockers.....will they work?...comp cams makes a roller cam and specifies not for stage 2, but no rockers?....or roller lifters?what gives?...beginning to think I should just replace old stamped rockers with new oem.....where can I find them?...any advice appreciated.....
:confused:

From what I've determined, roller rockers require taller aftermarket market valve covers for clearance. The taller valve covers require that the turbo/plenum assembly be raised about ¼" or 6mm. Stacking two gasket under the compressor and shims under the turbine should do it. The EGR manifold (if used)and other braces would need a little work too.

This Hot Air thread may help:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php? s=&threadid=64096

already have taller valve covers, and Im using an edelbrock intake manifold, holley pro-jection TBI, and a BMW intercooler to create a blow thru system...(its a disease)....but I dont know if stage 2 rockers will fit on my heads, or if anyone knows whether or not this upgrade is worth it?......found a crane cams stage 2 roller rocker arm kit(part # 81791-1) after the crane tech line people told me they didnt make any roller rockers for buick V6's?? ....also found a comp cams roller cam specifically for non-stage 2 V6 heads??...but the comp cams techs say they dont make roller lifters or rockers for BU v6's??....why make a roller cam then??....maybe this stuff just isnt being made anymore?....

No, Stage 2 rockers will not fit, but complete roller kits are available from T&D, Harland Sharp, TA Performance, and Kenne Bell for production heads for $400-$500. I'd recommend sticking with stock rockers if using a hydraulic cam anyway. GB

o.k....what about the problem of stock rockers flexing, and not being adjustable and where can I get hardened or otherwise improved sets?
....and does anyone need a set of stage 2 roller rockers,new in box from crane? (since I already bought them)....what about them is different from non-stage 2 rockers?....

Back