You can type here any text you want

Rotor Socket size qestion?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

What socket size do we use for the big nut in the centre of the front stock rotors after I remove the pin?

I have to replace mine, one of the studs got stripped from the lug nut when removing...It's too bad the rotor is still pretty good, Now it's like I have to replace the bearing's too.

Last edited:
Its a castle nut, But I never did the rotors on this car since I had it. over 10 years now. Is it larger than 1", I rather use a socket?

Last edited:
First that nut isn't tight. It will come right off with channel locks or an adjustable wrench. Second you can replace just the stud. Lay the rotor on two wood blocks with some space between. A few good hits and the stud will back out. Put a new one in and you're good to go

Its easier and less headaches just to replace the rotor, I only wanted to know the socket size of that centre nut...thx for everybody's replys, hope it comes loose

Remember that it doesn't get tightened when you put it back on. Snug it up just enough to take out the play or you will wreck the bearings quickly

I repacked my bearings a week ago. Watched a utube video on how to do it. There is a rear bearing race in the rotor too. Didn't need a socket for the castle nut. I got the rotors turned too. And of course new pads.

What do u call that seal for inner bearing in the back of the rotor. Is it called a grease seal?

Back