You can type here any text you want

ROYAL PURPLE

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

we2man

Would it be alright to run royal purple synthetic in a higher mileage car even if it's never had synthetic ran in it before?

I believe the common consensus is that a synthetic really isn't needed. I believe you would still need to add zddp or other zinc additive for your flat tappet camshaft/lifters. Its probably not a real good idea to extend the service intervals like synthetic advertises on a artificially aspirated engine.

~JM~

I believe the common consensus is that a synthetic really isn't needed. I believe you would still need to add zddp or other zinc additive for your flat tappet camshaft/lifters. Its probably not a real good idea to extend the service intervals like synthetic advertises on a artificially aspirated engine.

~JM~

ZDDP - http://www.zddppluscentral.com/

SYNTHETIC OIL, ROYAL PURPLE is a great oil and has zinc in it; however after a few extremely heating of the oil it viscosity begins to break down and isn't as thick as conventional oil. Oils like Valvoline Racing (50w) have zinc additives.

Switching to synthetic on an older high mileage engine will almost always promote some oil leaks.

Back