You can type here any text you want

RPM window switch for lock up control?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taffy

I was thinking that you/I/we could use a window switch to activate the converter L/U past a certain RPM instead of just at a certain MPH. Most folks I have heard from lock it in 3rd because it bogs 2nd. These are people with 3000+ stall and larger turbos.
Would locking and unlocking the converter (I have a 9x11) during a run be too hard on the clutch? I figure lock it just above the flash point to make it as efficient as possible and still maintain the max stall. ERIC.:)

Cool idea!!! Converter will take it. You try it and let us know...

How you gonna sense it?
rpm switch?
Try a couple ways.

Bruce
WE4

I would love to run out and try it BUT the car is in Los Angeles and I am in Washington. Probably will not be seeing the car for another 18 months when I get out of the Navy. I will definetely try it, but I hope no one is holding their breath waiting for the results.
WE4, should I just start low and work my way up through the rpm range. I figure I would use the tach lead behind the alternator since I use it for the Autometer tach. ERIC.:)

Yea , I dont see why it wont work.... Try it.

Bruce
WE4

Taffy, do you need a free flight down to LA so that you can try this? There is a military charter that flys down to LA every wed & sat . Call me DSN 382-0555/0558 I work this sat 1000-1600 than I'm on leave.

Back