You can type here any text you want

rubbing pushrods with T&D & GN1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tttype

Setting up a used set of T&D rockers on GN1 heads.

The pushrods rub on the outside edge of holes ( pushrod on left side of pedistal rubs on LH side of hole , RH side pushrod rubs on RH side of hole.

Am thinking of switching washers on rocker arm shaft around to center the rods better.

Is this common ?

Seem to be alot of washers on pedistal side of rockers ( between set of rockers where pedistal goes ).
If washers were moved to outside of rockers this would center pushrods better.

Is this a wise idea ?

I had to play around with shimming the rockers when I had GN1 heads. I used valve spring shims as washers. Try and get the push rod centered in the hole if you can.

Before to button everything up, test fit the intake. You might have to oblong the intake bolt holes.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The used T&D set is probably from an iron head? With larger valves in the GN1 heads, they have to be spaced further apart.:)

Yes, you will need to use shims to set the proper spacing, not swap rockers.

Also, you must be sure the push rods are the proper length so as not to close off the oil hole with the adjuster.

Swapped washers around & got pushrods centered in the holes.
But now rollers are not centered on the valve stems.

I can see that larger valves on GN1 would change the spacing , but why arn't the pushrod holes cooperating ?
The lifters are going to be the same spacing on all blocks the GN1's are used on. The Rockers may be for Iron heads, but changing spacing on them should set them up like a GN1 specific set I would think.
So why can only one area be solved, pushrod alignment or valve tip alignment ?

The GN1 are an early set, rockers are1.65 ratio ( which doesnt help as the push rods will be closer to bottom on the holes , making the alignment a bit tougher )

"but changing spacing on them should set them up like a GN1 specific set I would think.
So why can only one area be solved, pushrod alignment or valve tip alignment ?"
I think that has to do with what Nick said.. Rockers are not interchangeable.
AIRC, the GN1 big valve heads use a rocker that has an off set..That aligns both valve tips and p rods.
I'll defer back to Nick... It's "been a while"....

T&D specifically states that if you have less than 1/16" p rod clearance, you are to machine the heads. [That way, the rollers will remain lined up.]
Also:
Pt # 6000 is for the stock heads.
" " 6201 " " " " ", but uses a plate that requires you to mill off the orig stands. [Like a stage 2]
6011 is for Champion heads.

Just noticed last night that the adjusting screws are offset.
So if the iron head & GN1 version have different offsets , that would explain it.

I had to file the pushrod holes in my GN1's so they wouldn't rub...14 bolt GN1's with 1.65 T&D's...

Back