You can type here any text you want

Running Very Rich

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TLIMITED

I want all the Buick's
I bought a GN,the guy had just put a set of the green top 42# injectors in it and never could get it to run right.I found the maf to be bad and it runs alot better but still very rich.Blows gas smoke at idle,and stumbles when you first take off but smooths out with good power.It burned a full tank@about 120 miles.Plugs,wires, coil and module,02 sensor are new.Any suggestions please!!!

If you have a stock chip, or a chip setup for stock injectors it's going to run rich as hell. Do you know for sure that you have a chip burned for those injectors? And do you have any scantool data?

Do you have a chip burned for those injectors? What chip? Also if you have a scanmaster what are your blm.

If you have a stock chip, or a chip setup for stock injectors it's going to run rich as hell. Do you know for sure that you have a chip burned for those injectors? And do you have any scantool data?
Yes the car came with a TT chip burned for the injectors.I had a couple of chips for 009's that I tried and it got just a little better but still way rich.I have a OTC 4000E scan tool.

I bought a GN,the guy had just put a set of the green top 42# injectors in it and never could get it to run right.I found the maf to be bad and it runs alot better but still very rich.Blows gas smoke at idle,and stumbles when you first take off but smooths out with good power.It burned a full tank@about 120 miles.Plugs,wires, coil and module,02 sensor are new.Any suggestions please!!!
I also changed the oil before I drove it the 120 miles and changed it again today and could smell fuel in the oil!Went out and checked,BLM-128,let it run a few minutes,set 02 code rich but should it show 02 cross counts,they are reading 000.

You are definitely washing down the cylinder walls.

Has the big ass crack in the drivers side header been welded up yet? I'm guessing the cruise BLM's and INTs are maxed out?

You are definitely washing down the cylinder walls.

Has the big ass crack in the drivers side header been welded up yet? I'm guessing the cruise BLM's and INTs are maxed out?
Yes,It has an almost new set of Poston headers on it.No BIG ASS cracks there:eek:.It's been a while since I tuned on one,Should the 02 cross counts be readin something.Brand new 02 sensor today.

the cross counts should be increasing at a regular rate up to 255 then start over

His cross counts probably aren't moving because he's running a TT chip, which is an open loop idle chip. Anybody thought about that?

His cross counts probably aren't moving because he's running a TT chip, which is an open loop idle chip. Anybody thought about that?

I did, but assumed the engine was running fast than idle during the 120 miles he put on the car.

Back