You can type here any text you want

S-10 hubs for LS-1 conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Does anyone know if the S-10 hubs will work on a GN for the LS-1 front brake swap?

If you are talking about using the S10 spindles and hubs then yes it would work, but you are on your own with the mounting of the caliper because no one makes a bracket yet (as far as I know).
I looked into it, but found that it wasnt work the expense of buying the S10 parts because it was pretty common for the hub bearings to go bad on them and buying new ones is approx $140@ for the aftermarket ones and approx $300 for an oem GM. I decided to stick with making hubs for the stock G body spindle. That way I could service the bearings. ;)

I was wondering if the S-10 hubs fit on the gn spindle while using the LS-1 conversion-i have everything i need for two sets of LS-1 brakes but havent cut down the gn hubs yet and wondered if there is a better replacement than that.

GNVAIR said:
no S10 hubs and spindles do not interchange with G body spindles.

I think your confusing the 98-05 2WD Blazer with the S-10. The 2WD S-10 TRUCK uses the same spindle and rotor/hub as the G-body. The Blazer does not.

turbofish38 said:
I think your confusing the 98-05 2WD Blazer with the S-10. The 2WD S-10 TRUCK uses the same spindle and rotor/hub as the G-body. The Blazer does not.
I know what I am talking about. The 2WD Blazer with the bolt on hub bearing assemblies. I know the S-10 pickup used the same spindle with integral rotor/hub up to 2004.
He was asking if you could bolt the hub bearing set up onto the existing G body spindle.

GNVAIR said:
I know what I am talking about. The 2WD Blazer with the bolt on hub bearing assemblies. I know the S-10 pickup used the same spindle with integral rotor/hub up to 2004.
He was asking if you could bolt the hub bearing set up onto the existing G body spindle.

Sorry I apoligize. Some people cut the rotor from the stock hubs and I a$$umed that is what he meant.

Maybe it has been done and I missed it but why cant a sticky or a link to someones site or sites where all of the brake mods are be posted somewhere for easy access. I would suggest gnttype.org but just about all of the info I have read about LS1/1LE big rotors are from non-turbo Buicks and it wouldn't seem right borrowing from those guys. It seems that half the threads over here lately are re-hashed inquiries about what will fit and what parts do I need. :mad: Rant over.

i am looking to do this blazer brake conversion. can you give me part numbers for the knuckles and hubs?

heres a pic with the blazer assy bolted to a gn. i would have russel or earl's custom make a hose for the conversion because, the blazer hose is a 1/4 and the buick hose is a 3/16 thats why you see that adapter on the metal line to the hose, and the hose needs to be 2 inches longer.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/mybuick/98-022.jpg

GNVAIR- correct, i was just wondering if i could use the hub/bearing assembly and bolt it up to my gn spindle while doing the LS-1 brake conversion. i thought since so many parts were interchangeable that i might be able to use the S-10 hubs and not have to cut them down like the GNs eliminating another step in the process. thank you for your input. And since the S-10 hubs/sealed bearings seem to be inferior to the GNs, i guess i ll just have to cut my GN rotors down to use as the hubs.

49-blues said:
GNVAIR- correct, i was just wondering if i could use the hub/bearing assembly and bolt it up to my gn spindle while doing the LS-1 brake conversion. i thought since so many parts were interchangeable that i might be able to use the S-10 hubs and not have to cut them down like the GNs eliminating another step in the process. thank you for your input. And since the S-10 hubs/sealed bearings seem to be inferior to the GNs, i guess i ll just have to cut my GN rotors down to use as the hubs.

I had thought about doing that conversion using the S-10/Blazer spindles and hubs/bearings, but after working in several shops and seeing them failing and then the replacement costs kept me thinking that actually being able to service the bearings is a very good thing since bearings and seals for each side are probably like $20.

Back