S-10 with a 3.8 Buick turbo?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I am interested in seeing if anyone has sucessfully swapped ina 3.8 turbo Buick into an S-10?

If so what year engine set up is the most feasable?

I myself am thinking hot air since there's liimited space in the S-10's engine compartment. Not sure if an LC2 intercooled engine would fit....has anyone been able to get one in there?

Its been done. That's how the syclone and typhoon were born. Mike did this with an intercooled engine, but it took an extreme amount of time and work.

I know they were and yes they did-liquid intercoolers: Mike built the first syclone out of an s-10 with a GN engine(3.8).

Wow, nice job but a little too much for me. I see you ended up running your intercooler inside the cab which meant the removal of the HVAC. I'd at least want to keep that as it would be a daily driver. :cool:

I know they were and yes they did-liquid intercoolers: Mike built the first syclone out of an s-10 with a GN engine(3.8).

I don’t know who built it but I road in it.
Back in '91 my friends dad had a 90 s-10 Blazer with an 86 GN engine and trans at that time it was the fastest car/truck I have ever been in. he took the truck to Fountain ave in Brooklyn and he couldn’t get a race.
If I didn’t drive so bad I love to make one for my self.

Are you interested in getting a jump start on the fabricated parts? A buddy of mine was looking for an engine. I found one and he went a bought it with out me going along. It was supposed to be a complete setup. Engine, turbo, DP, Intercooler, wire harness, MSD, translator, ECM... He drops everything off at my house and I say we cant use most of the stuff. Mainly the turbo. Its a T3/T4 Mustang turbo with a 4 bolt header flange, 5 bolt exhaust, and 3 bolt down pipe. The location of the waste gate actuator will not allow us to clock the turbo for the GN application.

Anyway. I want to sell all the parts not going in the GN.

Wire Harness ($700 from Caspers)
T3/T4 Turbo - 65mm
Headers - welded and modified for S10 (I did see a small hole on the drivers side that will need to be welded)
Down Pipe
Front mount intercooler and piping.
Misc brackets and pulleys
Fuel rail (not sure what it is from)

Let me know if you have any interest in the parts.

Attachments

• Engine in S10.JPG
    Engine in S10.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 6,994