You can type here any text you want

s.c vette sighting today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedgm

for those who live in yonkers or westchester opposite jackson ave on the sprain southbound. i was in my camry third car from this beast and i mean beast it was loud and heavy thunder sounding,at first i thought it was open exhaust until i realized it was the new s.c vette.sped up to be near it and rolled the window down and damn i mean this thing should be illegal it was really awesome to see and hear it

Oh the ZR1!! The one with the glass hole in the hood. What color was it, ive only seen the blue one on TV.

yes it was a dark blue with the glass see thru hood,i think it might be called admiral blue.guessing cawz on camaros thats the color name.like i said b4 truly one hell of a beast like a tank,even if u h8 vettes u have to tip ur hat to gm for this one.

Those new ZR1's are AWESOME. Enzo performance for 100 grand, and still gets 20+ mpg on the highway, all with an 'old school' engine architecture (single cam, 2 valve, pushrod) that's been around for 50 years. and using a leaf spring suspension front and rear (granted, transverse mounted composite leafs) like they used in the 20's, and on trucks. If anyone doubts the prowess of the engineers over at GM, just look at this car. Imagine what they could do if they had the money and opportunity to do a real world class, price-is-no-object supercar (as in, 300k+) with all the most modern technology. It'd blow the doors off anything from italy, germany, japan, you name it.

Heres a pretty cool link, from the Detroit Auto Show. They had a stripped ZR1 chassis mounted vertically, showing off all the innovations in chassis and suspension development. They've got a bunch of good pictures and explanations of just how bad-ass this car is.

Detroit 2008: Corvette ZR1 chassis display - Autoblog

I got the chance to see one up close and personal. One of the more popular local radio morning show guys is a HUGE car nut, especially 'vettes, and apparently got the first ZR1 delivered to Florida (so he says). He mentioned on air that he was going to have his vette out at a local car cruise, so i waxed up the GN and went out there. He was kind of a douche about the car, obviously very impressed with himself for having one, but he did let me look under the hood, and under the car, and sit in it for a lil bit, so I can't fault him. He liked my GN too, said he'd always wanted to get a GNX, but hadn't found one that he didn't think was either in crappy shape, or way overpriced. I told him about the board here to find reputable people who knows about these cars if he was interested in buying.

When he left the lot that night, he did the requisite burnout down the street... that thing sounded soooo awesome, like a P-51 or something. I want one baaaad.

Back