You can type here any text you want

#s on new setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tpivette89

i have not had a chance to take the car to the track after i finished the new setup i was just wondering what kind of numbers u think this setup will produce in the quater mile?

mods:
*Precision Turbo & Engine GT-61 turbo with adjustable waste-gate.
*Cottons Performance - front mount intercooler
*Jet Hot - 2000dF ceramic coated Terry Houston 3" down-pipe, includes test pipe with cutout, and M18 boss for EGT sensor or wideband O2 sensor
*3.5" single-shot exhaust
*Accufab - billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
*“009” 42Lb/hr fuel injectors
* Chips from Jay Carter and Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak)
*2004R transmission built by Andy Lehosky to PTS-Extreme specs with PTS parts and Art Carr 9.5" lockup torque converter (3000-3200 RPM stall with billet front half)
*Perma Cool - transmission cooler with dedicated fan and thermostat
*Aluminum radiator
*Ramcharger - dual electric cooling fans
*RJC - power plate

So basically you have a turbo, DP, fuel, and intercooler. Mine went 13.91@101 with only an intercooler and 14psi if that helps.

It went 12.9@110mph with a mostly stock motor, TA49, DP, intercooler, on pump gas.

A friend's hotair went 14.6 (D7 torque convertor that stalled at 1,200rpm) at 105mph with just a TA62, DP, and 19psi. No intercooler.

My 12.9 combo was similar to yours, I had bad spoolup due to an exhaust leak, could've been low 12s if I could have launched it. Probably faster with some real boost.

I'm sort of confused how you're using a TH DP and power plate on a hotair.

sorry for the confusion... a friend of mine bought a modded 87' and posted on here using my screen name trying to find out what his new car should run

this post has nothing to do with my 85

11.40 11.50 @ 118 -119

Of course it depends on the tune and driver experience. Good tires/60ft is a must.

Back