You can type here any text you want

s14 style 240SX kill, first race.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85RegalLimited

Coming home from the usual gathering spot, I took the exit up to a set of lights where you can either follow the 2 lanes to the right or the 2 to the left. When up pulls a 240SX. It was like a 94+ style. It was late, about 10:30 or so. The light had just turned red and he kept revving at me. So I was thinking to myself.
"My car is a bucket", but I could probably take him. As his car weighs about 2300 pounds or so and is a 4banger. I drive a carbed V6 non-turbo. I had my doubts. So as I watched the lights that were perpendicular to us change , I started to apply a little gas as I held the brake. As those lights had now turned red I broke the tires and are now squeeling. Finally We had the green. Both our cars what seemed like ripped off the line. He had me off the line but for only about 3 or 4 seconds. As soon as my transmission slipped and chirped going into second, it was over. I slowly pulled on him, we were now doin about 45 or 50 . As soon as it went into 3rd it commanded the situation. Now i thought either that was a really ****ty 240 or my car does have a lil set of balls. Cause my car IS a bucket. I had to slow down after 3rd gear to make my turn. So that was that. My first race. I was happy.

My car: 85 Regal limited, AT, leaky valve covers, slipping tranny, K&N Plenum (Carb-Hat) for cold air. Coming soon... LT1 D1SC

yea, those 240s are pretty dog slow, especially the newer body style ones that are heavier. my fiero used to pick on them mercilessly. but still, beating a dumb ricer (s14 body kit without doing the sr20 swap = dumb ricer) in an old busted carbed regal is priceless. i remember the year back in high school when i drove our '82 v6 4 door regal (complete POS... spraypaint paint job, gold wheels, etc.)... my friend with his honda del slow was so pissed that it could walk him (if only by the slimmest margin). i'm sure mine ran worse than yours -- that thing couldn't spin its tires to save its life, short of a neutral drop on wet pavement. ;)

good kill!

Back