You can type here any text you want

s4 w/ downpipes, chip, exhaust, ect

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KillrV6

Former owner
man ill say it right now, i lost. i knew i would too, as im runing 14 or 15 PSI and im on street tires. but i just wanted to see how close i could get.

we line up on a dark street.
i started building the boost to 0 psi (even thats not low enough on 225 street tires) i give it three honks of the horn and we go. i spin through 1st gear and am holding even with him. 2nd gear i spin a little but finally hook it and were movin. by this time he starts to pull me (i was at his rear bumper) it stayd like that for a little bit until his next gear. we probably got it up to about 100 MPH and than ended it. by the end of the race he had about 2 or 3 cars on me. keep in mind that i spun, he is AWD, he was runing 17 PSI, i had 4*'s of knock :eek:

i think if i hooked and didnt knock it would have been much closer

damn the thing that really getts me is earlier in the day, i did two WOT runs and both runs neted consistant 808 02s and only like 2*'s of knock (basicly shift knock). i had to run lean when i raced my friends fast ass audi :mad:

over all though, i was impressed that i hung that well considering his car is probably about .5 or faster than mine in our curent states of tune.

what do you guys think?

I have only seen one around town - I didn't know that they were supposed to be all that fast. I guess I'll keep my eyes open now.

their performance is even with that of a turbo buick.

stock they run low 14's. bolt ons can get them into the 12's and 11's.

they are AWD twin turbo v6 but are very expencive to mod and buy

I see you're in CA. I have a friend with an S4 wagon with the mods you mentioned and then some. Chances are it's not the same guy but just wondering. I've seen him outrun a couple high 11/ low 12 second cars around here.

no not the same guy. your in bakersfield? im in san mateo county.
your not too far. you ever come down this way?

I'm not sure where San Mateo county is. I'm in LA, Hollywood, and Cal State Northridge pretty often. With any luck I'll be going to LA a lot more often.

san mateo is 20 minutes from san francisco.

u goin to school down south?

Originally posted by KillrV6
san mateo is 20 minutes from san francisco.

u goin to school down south?
Nah, work or at least a little side work. I'm most likely making a trip to Sacramento soon to Performance Transmissions. I think that's pretty close, right?

yessir. i race at sacto when i go there, and i saw bruces shop and he showed me around one time. really cool place. havent seen the new place yet but my club members tell me its friggan awsome. big enough to run an indoor quartermile.:D

The fasted S4 I have seen at NED was in the low 13s. AWD is great for quick launches. The will always get the jump on you.

Back