You can type here any text you want

safe boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
pump gas 14 to 15psi depending on chip. and race gas 23 any more your blowing hot air. and alky injection 25 depending on chip. all are dangerous if you are not monitoring your motor for knock. also depends alot on your fuel delivery and motor condition. do alot of reading on Turbo Regal Web Site

you say 60 and stock?
60 isnt stock , in that i mean the .60 piston you're refering to is cast , it isnt even close to a stock GM turbo piston and i dont mean the size , the 60 non forged piston that many bulk rebuilders use really shouldnt even be in a turbo motor let alone at 23psi
adding to the piston issue the gaskets holdng the head are junk and the crank is more than likely a 10/10 (or more) ground down NA crank not that i have a problem with the n/a being pushed a little... but not one thats been cut

i wouldnt boost those rebuilds over stock

you say 60 and stock?
60 isnt stock , in that i mean the .60 piston you're refering to is cast , it isnt even close to a stock GM turbo piston and i dont mean the size , the 60 non forged piston that many bulk rebuilders use really shouldnt even be in a turbo motor let alone at 23psi
adding to the piston issue the gaskets holdng the head are junk and the crank is more than likely a 10/10 (or more) ground down NA crank not that i have a problem with the n/a being pushed a little... but not one thats been cut

i wouldnt boost those rebuilds over stock
wow didnt realize this!!!!!

You do realize how much metal has been taken off a crank that is at 10/10, right? About a quarter of one millimeter. I don't think a 10/10 crank is going to be much more prone to breakage than a stock one. I do agree with the piston, it would be good to have a good piston on something with high boost but again, if you are knocking on a cast piston, it breaks. If you are knocking with a forged piston, it melts. Tune it right and they like to hold together better...or so I hear :tongue:

Back