You can type here any text you want

saleen vs t-type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

abner

ok guys and gals if there is gals?! anyways, i'm in the military
and attached to shore facilty called a compressor shop i build
lp and hp compressors and one of my shop mates has a 89 saleen
nice looking car and its got a 302 with x pipe, 3.55 gears, t-5,
x-cam world heads 10.1 comp 68mm tb, cobra intake etc...
well this guy has been giving me so much sh*t telling me that my car ain't worth crap and its a v6. this and that and goes on...
so i decided to take it to the track one friday night and look who shows up him. i said sh*t here we go again. i ran and ran terrible
best time was 9.8 at 76.99 mph on the 1/8 with 2.8 60 ft, with crack passenger header and crack and 1/4 inch hole on driver side header! and 12.5 # off boost. he ran 8.8 and 80 something mph. well that shows to him that my car ain't sh*t. weeks went by taking crap from him everyday:mad: i started dumping money on my car:( but not much . i got rid of my stock headers bought postons,fuel reg,adjustable waste gate, open up waste gate hole .900, duttweiler neck, injectors, scanmaster,thdp, Neil Steward street chip 91 oct at 19* timing. then more weeks went by and i was going home strollin to the light just me then i here this thunder man i look over and i see him with a smile light turns green and we punch it in the same time (i have it set at 12#) i stay with him throu 1st, 2nd i pulled a door away, and third he inched me top end kicked in on him and that was that. went home pretty *&^%#! you know what i mean. but he only beat me a fender away. i get home and i get a phone call and it was him, he said your car is pretty fast with a chuckle! actually he thought he'd get me better than just a few feet away. and he asked you wanna go again i said sure we meet at this open place.
where there's no one around i do some final checking on the car and adjust boost to 15#:p we line up heat the tires and on three we go came of the line with 0 boost because i give it even 1 # it goes up in smoke! 1st side by side end off 1st i pull a car, 2nd i pull 3 cars and third all he saw was my sticker GOT BOOST?
we stop and he starts yelling bull this and that! and i gave him 2 more tries and same thing so he finally gave up and he asked what i did and said o fixed some problems and turned up the boost.:p now he don't talk no sh*t and is looking to trade he's saleen (#038) for a gn or sell for 6000. engine alone is that! trust me cause i builded the engine best time on the car with saleen suspension 13.4 in the 1/4 and for mine don't know yet? we'll see!?:rolleyes: looking for low 13's or maybe 12's i just bought some slicks and air bag!

Sounds like your basically stock GN is running really good. Keep kicking Mustang butt.:D

Next time mix in some xylene and turn the boost to 18#:D

If you cant do 1# either your posi is shot, you have a peg leg, or your tires are too small:cool:

Time for some traction!

Good kill BTW

black buick

my posi is still good cause if i'm from a dead stop and flat foot the pedal i get 2 lines throu first and second. and the other day i was practicing my burn outs with m/t et drags 28/10.5/15 and trying to get the right pressure and right pattern, i see still to thick lines,
and thats on the line lock. i think my street tires are just too hard of a material its 235/60/15 cobra coopers. the only thing i did to the suspension is polyurathane bushings all around and kyb shocks, i believe the last ownerput some springs in the back also.
i also have air bags actually one right now its on the passenger side the driver side blew up:( .

Well if he was a little closer I wouldn't mind buying that Saleen off him one bit.

302 with x pipe, 3.55 gears, t-5, x-cam world heads 10.1 comp 68mm tb, cobra intake etc...

best time on the car with saleen suspension 13.4 in the 1/4

He should be well into the 12s with that combo. I've got similar mods and I ran a 13.3 on street tires and stock heads granny shifting my tired old worn out POS 155000 mile 302. Geeze... I just don't get it. :confused:

lyonsd

:D thats what i said! i did a simillar set up for another friend thats
got a coupe type you know the one with the trunk. and we got it to go 12's on slicks. i think it has alot to do with his suspension.
Boy i tell you what that thing can corner like a go cart!:D

Dave, I have to know how in the world you ended up with a Mustang and Turbo Buick. Talk about being worlds apart and on opposite sides of the fence. I'd love and hate myself at the same time with those cars.

Not bashing, but a mustang with that quadracrap 4 shock suspension can't outcorner a skateboard. I've ridden in one and it feels like it's about to do a 180 onto it's roof. I don't know how suspension components help them. Stock they are crap........

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Dave, I have to know how in the world you ended up with a Mustang and Turbo Buick. Talk about being worlds apart and on opposite sides of the fence. I'd love and hate myself at the same time with those cars.

When I got out of the Navy in the mid-late '80s I bought what I thought was the fastest car available at the time: a 1988 Mustang GT. I've had it ever since. I was a "Ford-guy" at that time. My previous car was a '86 Thunderbird with a 5.0 and I really liked it. It was my first Ford and I thought it was so much better than any of the previous GM cars I had owned. I eventually grew out of my brand loyalty.

In '97 I stumbled on an ad in the Atanta paper for a 2307-mile GN. So I bought it.

Originally posted by trading t/a
Not bashing, but a mustang with that quadracrap 4 shock suspension can't outcorner a skateboard. I've ridden in one and it feels like it's about to do a 180 onto it's roof. I don't know how suspension components help them. Stock they are crap........

Mine handles pretty well. Especially considering that the suspension has never been upgraded. That's 15 years and 155000+ miles on the same shocks, springs, bushings, etc... The only suspension "mods" are subframe connectors and wider tires. The subframes, I think, seem to help a lot.

Originally posted by trading t/a

I beg to differ there...

Back