saw a t-type ate ABC auto parts

mista808

i was at ABC used auto parts, the junk yard in pearl city, and right in the front i saw a t-type. its was burnt to a crisp. the front and rear chrome bumpers were still in good shape, but everything else was lost in a hell of a fire. it WAS a 86 or 87, block is still in it, manifold and turbo is gone, headers and down pipe still there, grill, taillight and headlight bezels still looked good. . but what got me was, it had a regal hood, not the turbo hood. maybe someone here know about this car. if you need parts, or whatever you might find, theres a t-type there.

I stopped by this morning to check it out, it is an '86. It still has the aluminum bumper supports, but the rear bumper has a slight twist end to end - I think the support should be okay though. As was mentioned by mista808, the motor excluding the turbo, intercooler and intake is still pretty much there along with the trans and rear end. I wrote down the VIN if anyone is interested - 1G4GK4772GP431651, license plate is "2-MADRE".

thats the one that was in waimalu, near the shopping center, was sitting for a really long time, and I kept leaving notes on it... too bad....

I know the house in Waimalu you are talking about Rob. I stopped in a few years back inquiring about the car and was told by the owners mother that it wasn't for sale, she also said that quite a few people already asked about the car.

Anyone know what's the deal with the red '70 SS Chevelle outside of ABC auto parts? It's been sitting there since I first visited that junkyard back in '80 or '81. The body rust is way beyond fixable IMO, it still has an engine block though along with a trans(M-22?) and a 12 bolt rear - another sad sight.:(

Thats another one the owner had big dreams for...

It got completely submerged in muddy water about ten years or so ago when waimalu stream overflowed :( He lives in the little green brick house right there, I forget his name... that car was really nice at one time...<sigh>

I wonder what happenned with the Buick?

Rob

I could use another set of heads :D to practice my porting and polishing and as a jig to use to weld headers on. :D I wonder if they'll let it go for cheap :D

Update

I went by there today after work for another look and to maybe inquire about a price for the drivetrain, the Regal was moved to another part of the yard and is now flattened to a height of maybe 2 feet along with the drivetrain.:rolleyes:

I think the front grille is the only salvageable part on it now, oh well..........

Nothing piled on top. It's in an area with other pancaked cars getting ready for a final trip down to HMR(Hawaii Metal Recyclers) from what I can tell.

offer them 100 bucks and pull the motor/trans and rear....

Rob

Have trailer, can help...

Originally posted by 71RSZ28
No, that would be Checker Auto Parts :mad:

Me: "Yes I'd like some organic brake shoes for an '87 Buick Grand national"

Checker Auto: "I don't have a listing for a Buick Grand National........"

Me: "Look under Regal Grand national...."

Checker Auto: "Does the car have A/C?......"

Me: :confused:

:D

Checkers

Hows this one....

I went to the parts store and asked for a window regulator for a 81 Chevy Corvette.
He tells me 2 door or 4 door.
I'm thinking, this has got to be a joke right, so I tell him 4.
He comes back a minute later and asks me, "front or rear regulator?"
So I figure, what the hell, I say "that's an 81 Corvette right."
He looks at me with that me parts man, you simpleton customer look and says again "81 corvette, rear regulator." He proceeds to ask "Left or right?"

What bamboozald me the most, and to make a long story short was he had the part.:eek:

shoulda asked him for a thermostat and gasket for a '69 volkswagen beetle

Oh, Yeah, dont forget the muffler bearings for the pinto...