You can type here any text you want

Say hello to my new little friend

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
:biggrin:

Attachments

• NXBottle1.jpg
    NXBottle1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 266
PaCemkr86 said:
more details..
i wanna see installed pics :biggrin:

Soon.. will be meth for fuel. Twin nozzle.. Controlled by the FAST.

Car had no spare tire.. so I had to find something to go in its place :biggrin:

Just a little 35 shot :rolleyes:

IM gettin excited..

pace3.gif

My mustang uses heavy doses of N20..
Is there any plans for something in the future for those of us that arent using FAST?
Like something thats part of your alky systems

Hey I got one of those purge setups too :)

Engine management is key with this stuff.. along with a well planned system.. Cuase the room for error is heavily shortened when you hit the button. I'll see what happens to my boost controller and its ability to handle conditions when the button is pressed.

By Dec.. there will be an NA setup for nitrous/alky/high compression... thats the next hurdle.. i'll be the guinea pig. So far 6 months of R&D playing with SC's and meth/nitrous.. so I feel confident with the turbo setup..

Dont think i'll run 28 PSI then hit it with a 150 shot :eek: .. not yet anyways..

This I do know.. a 120 pill will yield 200 RWHP.. thats all i'll say :biggrin:

Candy Apple.. to go with the candy apple hood paint scheme idea I learned about a few weeks ago.. :eek:

Yea, but you need all the rad stripes too.

Hey, that bottle of happy gas isn't stock you know. Now how you gonna give people the good 'ol "I went 10.XX on STOCK xxx" speech?? ;) :eek:

chicagoTTA said:
Yea, but you need all the rad stripes too.

Hey, that bottle of happy gas isn't stock you know. Now how you gonna give people the good 'ol "I went 10.XX on STOCK xxx" speech?? ;) :eek:
Here I go preachin follow what others have done and learn from them.. and then go try and re-write the books.

IF I can do what I think I can do.. :rolleyes: it'll be sumthen.. 9's on stock crank/rods/pistons/TTA iron heads.. 109 block motor.. with a full weight TTA.. on 93 octane as a primary fuel..

Good thing i'm not building a class car that has to fit any parameters.. like TSM, TSO, etc...

Will 735 RWHP do it? Figure 600 on boost + the "friendly help".. 9.999 at 138 is the target.

Okay... accepted. But you have to say " But NOW I use toys".

That's all. The group agrees. ;) :biggrin:

And holy ****. You're at 600(ish) RWHP on all those stock parts??? Don't think I've ever read that!!

Carry on. As you were...

I put NOS on my car and hit the button about four times total. I had a single fogger nozzel in the up pipe jetted for 50hp because that was the smallest jets the local shop had. I have experience with driving and racing down the track multiple combonations. Surej's fully built 231 with my dual ball bearing 66 came onto boost like it was supercharged instead of turbocharged. My stock long block with that DBB 66, and my switch pitch torque convertor in low stall mode wouldn't hardly spool in a running mile. My T63E/stock long block/art carr 3200 n/l would come onto boost right about the 2nd gear shift. Enter a 50 hit and that last set up, floor the car from a dead stop and hit the NOS at the same time, say ONE THOUSAND ONE, and the tires where pretty much ready to start smoking! ;) You would have to of been in the car to trully appreciate what the heck the 50 hit was doing to the spool up on that combo. Obviously a properly sized turbo for the combo wouldn't have showed such a drastic improvement, but at the same time it really gets you thinking about what could be done with turbine wheels, turbine housings, and torque convertors. Basically you could do things to help the car charge hard in the middle and end of the track and still launch and spool good.

I had the same idea about alky as the added fuel to go with the NOS. The NOS will really increase the amount of alky(antidetonant) you can put into the motor w/o making the AF ratio to rich. There are two statements that can be made about NOS that leads me to a question I've been thinking about for a long time:

1. the more NOS you spray, the higher the recommended octane gets.
2. the more NOS you spray the lower the spark advance is supposed to be, Infact I've heard that N/A motors with huge NOS kits on them sometimes run with 0 degrees of timing !

Now heres my question:
If you ran meth as the added fuel with the NOS, would the proper amount of meth to keep the A/F ratio right be enough meth to negate the above two statements?

Personally I think you're on the right track, and I think your going to have alot of fun with it. I put my money where my mouth is too, because I already have the second NOS kit sitting in my garage to go on my nephews car that I'm building up in his memory. I don't know if you remember him or not but he was the one with me checking out your car when you came by our hotel the year before last at the nats.

Jason

The other idea I had was to use propane as the fuel to go with the NOS. I really like the idea of the NOS and the propane both being fully vaporized. I guess some things would be better suited for an engine on a dyno in a lab instead of in an actual car though. :(

Jason

Razor on the bottle....Whats the world coming to?

Did you meet your new friend at an AA meeting ;)

I'm excited to hear about your new and faster times Julio :) TTA and LC2 technology has come a long way since 1989! The ebb and flow of all the evolutionary technologies is interesting....Will this Mod become popular in our circle? Will Postal make propane popular? Stay tuned to watch the next chapter unfold :D

lee

P.S. Julio, I'm turning up the boost today! Have discovered some routine mechanical things that needed fixing before going past 17 pounds.

Have Alchy....Will Travel :D

postal said:
Now heres my question:
If you ran meth as the added fuel with the NOS, would the proper amount of meth to keep the A/F ratio right be enough meth to negate the above two statements?

Jason

Yup.. remember the other nozzles are still on the car providing alcohol/octane.. and we're just giving it a little more. I may just do a NOS nozzle on the gas, then do a misting nozzle with the alcohol.. I dont like the idea of the fan spray.. just need to get the volume figured :)

All said and done its about air getting into the motor.. the nitrous will add a bunch :biggrin:

And baby steps it is.. next weekend i'll be installing the motor. Cam will be a 221/221 .542 lift 112 LS :eek:

I want top end.. ;)

Back