Scanmaster interpretation

BlackonBlack

Howdy, I'm trying to get a car dialed in and am still new to tuning.

Please take a look and tell me what you think. Car was warm when readings were taken

O2 444
AF 04
L8 32
bat 13.2
int 128
bl 131
clt 168
ats 134
r 750
tps .44
iac 16
cc 38
mal 00

TPS KO EO .42

When driving, i was getting some knock at 15 lbs of boost. 2-6. I'll be installing a new fuel pump and am hopeful it will help to fix that so i don't have to dial down the boost.

I did notice that at WOT my max 02 was around 710. Can that be explained by lack of fuel?

Also, I just installed a ls1 MAF and translator. When tuning, is it easier to tweak with this rather than the turbotweak adjustments? I don't have anything to store the settings with the chip so I'm hopeful I can bypass that.

Eager to get the fuel pump in and go from there. Thanks for any input.

Idle numbers look ok. 710 WOT 02 with knock is not so good, obviously. Before blindly throwing parts at it, I would try increasing WOT fuel via your TT chip. Would be wise to also monitor fuel pressure for 1:1 rise with boost. There could be nothing wrong with your current fuel pump and this test would verify that. What fuel are you using?

When WOT testing make sure you're doing it at the top of 3rd gear with no kick down. Need a long stretch of road so you can ease into the throttle. If you see knock, lift. Add more fuel then try again and see if it improves. Having said that, this kind of tuning with a narrow band is not ideal but that's how they did it before advanced technology came along. A wideband would be a better.

You sig says you have a Walbro 340 and a hotwire kit. What are you setting your base FP at? 42-43 line off?

If your base FP is good , then I would verify that FP and boost are rising 1:1 You should see 58 psi with 15 lbs of boost.

I've always tuned through Eric's chip and left the MAF alone.

Thanks for the responses. Thats a good point about the WOT and no kick down. I'll have to make sure thats what i'm looking at.

I need to update my sig. This particular car has a stock fuel pump. Since i have learned these are known to be underperformers its on its way out. I'm swapping it with a walbro 340 this week. It solved some knock issues in my other GN (otherwise all stock)

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge monitor it. Are you referring to an in-car gauge or a kit that is hooked up and removed when done testing? I don't have an adjustable FPR installed but its a Bosch 237 so it should be running a steady 42-43 lbs at idle.

Thanks for the responses. Thats a good point about the WOT and no kick down. I'll have to make sure thats what i'm looking at.

I need to update my sig. This particular car has a stock fuel pump. Since i have learned these are known to be underperformers its on its way out. I'm swapping it with a walbro 340 this week. It solved some knock issues in my other GN (otherwise all stock)

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge monitor it. Are you referring to an in-car gauge or a kit that is hooked up and removed when done testing? I don't have an adjustable FPR installed but its a Bosch 237 so it should be running a steady 42-43 lbs at idle.
Ok, if you still got a stock pump, definitely change that out and hotwire it while you're at it. The stock pump was barely adequate when these cars were new. As far as monitoring fuel pressure I was referring to a temporary gauge you could tape on your windshield to verify 1:1 rise with boost.
The Bosch 237 is a good, reliable, regulator, just not adjustable unless it was modified. Depending on what your goals are you may not need to go with an adjustable one. Just adjust fuel through the chip.