You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster Lost some readings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JFH

Have a Translator and 3" maf when I went to an Extender chip (BYC47kID) with the Y data stream I lost some readings on my scanmaster 2.0. I also gained some new readings. Question is do I have to upgrade to 2.1 or get my chip redone with a different data stream to get all my scanmaster readings back.

Thanks
John

The way Bob makes the scanmaster gave a faster sampling rate, is replace certain data in the data stream with other data. In other words, if the original data stream packet was arranged like MAF-IAC-TPS-KR-NLM-INT-MPH etc... to get the O2 to display more freuqnetly for example, Bob arranges the data stream like MAF-O2-TPS-O2-BLM-O2. So the data that the O2 stuff replaces isnt displayed any longer.

SO, knowing that, with fast update, there is a tradeoff. You see certain data more frequently, but lose some data as well. You cant have your cake and eat it too. You either get the complete OEM data stream, OR you get fast update. Cant have both. If you WANT the OE data stream, have the chip done WITHOUT fast update.

Back