You can type here any text you want

Scorpion rockers on GN1's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
I can't find out what the torque spec should be for the screw in studs? Also is it ok to use loctite on the studs? Only search I could find suggested liquid teflon?
Thanks

Rocker Stud Torque

Champion does not give the torque specs for the studs in the instructions. I am pretty sure I torqued mine to 55 ft lbs. The studs that come with the heads are not ARP unless you specified them. I broke a stud in about 1000 miles. Champion said it was because I gave the poly lock an extra nudge after I tightened the set screw. I have been doing it that way for 35 years with no problems. The studs were weak. I ordered a set of ARP 200-7201 studs from Summit for 80.00 and have had no further problems, plus I have 4 left over because they are for a small block Chevy. I am happy with the heads and rockers. I have a set of T&D's on my iron heads, but the Scorpions were a lot less than new T&D's or modifying mine to fit the Champions.

Back