Sd2 should I spend my money on a gnecu

85 TR

My plane is to go e85 at some point. Right now I have the money to buy a gnecu or buy a new fuel pump,lines and the 125lb’s turbo tweak has now. Question is should I go standalone and wait on the fuel mods tell next year or stay with the sd2 and modify the fuel system? I know I probably won’t go any faster with the gnecu but would like all the safety features with how much I have spent on my build.

My plane is to go e85 at some point. Right now I have the money to buy a gnecu or buy a new fuel pump,lines and the 125lb’s turbo tweak has now. Question is should I go standalone and wait on the fuel mods tell next year or stay with the sd2 and modify the fuel system? I know I probably won’t go any faster with the gnecu but would like all the safety features with how much I have spent on my build.
A boost safety feature can be attained easily with an aftermarket boost controller like a turbosmart electronic.
I would need a combo and goal idea to properly recommend a computer system
But a great fuel system is where I would put $$
The external wastegate gate with co2 is a wash $$wise as that is needed regardless.
This electronic boost controller can be used with any ecu to allow max boost and ramp.
It's a safe way to control your boost system.

All above sounds good to me but also take in consideration you will be saving some money by getting rid of you current air management system and selling it to save a few bucks and you wont be breaking in to any addition wiring with the GNECU. You will need to move your air temperature sensor to just past your intercooler. A additionally you can manage you fuel pump performance with a additional solid state relay if desired. There is some additional wiring for this but easy to do. Good luck with your build.

Thanks fellas. I’m already running an external wastegate, moving the air temp sensor won’t be a problem I’ve had to fab almost everything on this car.

IMG_1692.jpeg
IMG_1610.jpeg

A boost safety feature can be attained easily with an aftermarket boost controller like a turbosmart electronic.
I would need a combo and goal idea to properly recommend a computer system
But a great fuel system is where I would put $$
The external wastegate gate with co2 is a wash $$wise as that is needed regardless.
This electronic boost controller can be used with any ecu to allow max boost and ramp.
It's a safe way to control your boost system.
I was looking forward to the ability to cut ignition if oil pressure drops or fuel pressure. Also the ability to cut ignition if the fuel ratio goes out of the range I set. After putting 11 grand into the engine I don’t want it to explode if I loose a meth pump.

I've heard through the grapevine that there's a price increase coming soon on the ECU so now is a good time if you want to stay ahead of it.

I've heard through the grapevine that there's a price increase coming soon on the ECU so now is a good time if you want to stay ahead of it.
There is. May have happened already with the new year. Going to $2kish.

I was looking forward to the ability to cut ignition if oil pressure drops or fuel pressure. Also the ability to cut ignition if the fuel ratio goes out of the range I set. After putting 11 grand into the engine I don’t want it to explode if I loose a meth pump.
If you invest in a real fuel pump/system you shouldn't have to worry😉
Cutting ignition loads the cylinder up with fuel that will not burn cause problems in itself.

For what you are tryin to do based on those pics and that turbo you need both. Match your pump and injector sizing to the hp capability of the turbo.

You can use the ECU GN or you can run an MS3 plug n play to run that combo. Auto tune will be your good friend. I would suggest a coil on plug set up for that as well. That stock CCCI and coil pack will not put out a lot of juice for what you are looking for out of the turbo and fuel being used.

Keep us informed please. Should be interesting.

The turbo isn’t huge it’s a 6368. Hope for 10.50’s maybe low tens later. I’m going to order a gnecu tomorrow and probably run meth this season then upgrade the fuel system and go e85 next year. I’ve got 80lb injectors now but only turbotweak 255 pump.

The turbo isn’t huge it’s a 6368. Hope for 10.50’s maybe low tens later. I’m going to order a gnecu tomorrow and probably run meth this season then upgrade the fuel system and go e85 next year. I’ve got 80lb injectors now but only turbotweak 255 pump.
I would highly recommend you read and absorb my post.
A car that will only make 63mm power does not need an aftermarket ecu.
The fuel system is a must and you can wait or get a stock ecu with the right chip to handle what the power you have.
Especially to run 10.5set
Your going into spend land for no et reason