You can type here any text you want

Sealing Headers, Gaskets, and Flanges?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaveyX87

I just got my TA headers and 3" down pipe. I gotta say, these are precision made. The flanges are nice and flat. The cost was worth it for sure. My question is, when I install them, should I use any sealant on the gaskets and around the flanges/collectors? I searched the forums and one person swears by grease to seal exhaust components. Is there any merit to this? Should I just put everything on dry? Thanks.

don't use a gasket & you won't have a leak. use either grease or ultra copper without any gaskets!

For some reason I couldn't get the passenger side of my TA headers to seal om my Champion aluminum head. I ended up with a gasket on the passenger side only ...tried Ultra Copper and Copper anti seize with no results.

Bryan

For some reason I couldn't get the passenger side of my TA headers to seal om my Champion aluminum head. I ended up with a gasket on the passenger side only ...tried Ultra Copper and Copper anti seize with no results.

Bryan
which gaskets did you use Bryan I ended up using the remflex on mine. I didnt like the flanges on my t/a's for flatness when I checked them.

Back