You can type here any text you want

Search? V.C. Gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Are these the thicker cork, or just the regular cork? Or are the cork at all? Sorry to jack, but I need some as well... :biggrin:

Is there any kind of torque rating for the v.c. bolts?
I'm never sure how tight they should be.
2 fingers or 3? :)
Thanks

Hi,
I have had good luck with the neoprene gaskets from felpro,stock covers.Everything else on the engine leaked, but not the valve covers....20k miles were put on the gaskets, by the way.

I realize this is an old thread but I just bought a set of VS 50156 T gaskets and I plan to use them on a set of TA headers.

I noticed that the gaskets don't have the tabs where the slots in the covers are.

Is this ok

those silicone seal on steel dont need the tabs , just lay them on the head and put the cover over them , but on a stock head i wouldnt use them due to the cast finish on the head sealing edge and with stock covers they just dont seem to fit the recess well , best with stock is the cork felpro vs-50156C glued to the cover , dont overtorque and do a retorque after a couple days .
champion heads mill that rough surface flat and you could run the T gasket but havent had much luck with them , my perferred choice would be cork or cometic (cut the tab ears back flush to cover because they dont give like the cork)

if you want thick cork use the felpro 1600 or TA performance carries a thick cork gasket

Last edited:
I'm using the VS 50156 T and have no issues with them on stock heads. In fact they are the only ones I've had that don't leak. They also have been on and off half a dozen times.

Back