You can type here any text you want

seems slow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

skidman

3 turbos,no money
87GN,TA-60,009 inj,Reds XP w/hotwire,ATR 3in. DP,ATR 2.5in duals,AFR,
12.73@109. 2.01 60ft. Stock conv. Lets say I was disappointed.I know now car needs better conv,but was hoping for quicker. Skidman.

Well at 109 mph you should be close to 12. teens, Get your 60 ft time down and you'll see a huge improvement. How much boost were you running?

Sorry for partial info. Boost was 21 PSI, 110 fuel,Reds 108 chip,235/60 DR tires. Can not get boost on the line W/O "pushing" thru the lights. I keep reading about 11.90-11.50 or so ET with similar mods. Car drives Very Good on the street,limited funds prohibit a "high dollar" conv. Skidman.

109 mph is bottom 12's
I ran 12.50@105 on a complete stock long block, stock convertor, with a TE60(21-23 psi, and 60 ft was 1.80)
You need better 60 ft. You lost alot of et right there.
On a stock set up 21 psi is not enough to get low numbers. I ran 26-27 psi(maybe even 28) to get to 11.91

I agree I ran 11.70s with a ta60 and stock IC with a 3" 2 piece DP and 009s
get the boost up to about 24#s and get some slicks on that thing. a nice 5# launch will do wonders for your ET.
ALSO are the valve springs stock if so they could be holding you back also.

Traction and higher boost launch will get you there.

re

skidman,with 110 in the tank 21psi is way to low.the cylinder pressure from more boost will 60ft the car better and raise the mph.use the e-brake to hold the car on the line as well.good luck

Thanks for positive responces. I will try a few suggastions in the spring.
Are M/T DR tires better than BFG? I sold my BFG 275/60 DR tires on my
78 Regal project car. Skidman.(235 DR tires were borrowed)

I ran 12.65 @ 107.69 with a stock turbo and bolt-ons at around 21-22 lbs....with a 1.71 60' time on 275/50/15 MT DR.... at 32 psi (would hook better at a lower tire pressure)

The TE60 needs more boost for sure.... good tires will work wonders. IMHO BFG Drag radials are not that good of a tire. I like MT Drag radials, MT ET Streets, M&H Racemasters, and Hooser Drag radials all better than the BFG's..... but that is just my opinion.

I'd say work your way up to 25-26 psi.... and better tires/launch will get you alot better ET.

Car ran 88.2 MPH in the eighth mile. I wish I could afford a 9in. conv. and
a set of slicks. Mark.

Do some rear brake work to be able to hold more boost. I used to use the e-brake and foot brake at the same time long ago. It wont creep with that but dont forget to release the e brake or you will tear up the backing plates. You should be able to run in the 1.60's even with 235/60-15 DR's.

Car ran 88.2 MPH in the eighth mile. I wish I could afford a 9in. conv. and
a set of slicks. Mark.

9" converter not needed, in fact it probably will stink. I ran a 11.7 with the stock converter on 275/60 BFG drag radials, 12.00 on 235s. A small converter won't couple at your peak rpm.
Here you go:
Slowly raise boost to 26 checking for knock on scanmaster
MT drag radials 235, 255. 275s when your mph go up
Line lock
long shoes on rear brakes
Dutt neck intercooler
If you want to spend more money:
Pats 12" 2800 stall
Alky Control
TT alky chip
Powerlogger
wideband
larger intercooler
As long as you are in good tune (spring cleaning), you have no slip in the trans and get a good launch technique, you should be in the 11s.

Back