You can type here any text you want

seen any mad max apocolyptic style regals or gns...im thinking....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

noahzark

how bout a flat black paint job with flat powdercoated rims with blackwalls and add in one fo those super duty state trooper bumper grills...the rim i think would have to be flat to avoid and weapons being stuck in your rims screwing up your brakes etc....well im kind of looking for some good mean rims that would be all black no chrome any ideas on where or how to do that would be great...ill give you a lift when the world goes to hell a fast one too...hehe any ideas would help thanks again...noah.

F117a look

My last car the paint was so bad it looked flat.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Anyhow I always liked the F117a look. Took care of a guy from Holloman AFB, thought he was having a heart attack, he was part of the Stealth squadron not a pilot but ground crew. Told him I wanted to paint the my GN flat black but I didn't want to use blk primer could he get me some Stealth paint, he laughed. Said it was expensive and classified, He was telling me about the paint they use that actually absorbs radar signals any way he said he'd send me some special decals. So sometime later in the mail I get 4 decals, one pair . Says Team NightHawk with a Hawk with his talons out in attack mode:eek: , they were cool put them on the opera windows.The other pair was of the 117a. it self. Put one of the F117a decals over the 3rd brake light. Unfortunately came out to go to work one morning and the car was gone. turned out the 18th st. gang ripped her off.:mad: There went my 117a GN.:frown:

There is a new paint out that is Flat black has the primer look. Saw it in one of the HotRod mags looks sharp and a GN would look awesome sprayed with it. I'll look thru my mags and see who makes it. Paint it like a Stealth with the rivets,bullet holes and all, kills by the cockpit,231 on the flank, flat black bonneville wheels with the fake knock offs,give it the apocolyptic military fighter look. Put a mural like old WW2 bomber art, but even better I was looking at artwork they put on the A10-Warthog(Tank Killer) in Iraq some bad artwork

thanks for the reply...whats the f117a? is that the stealth fighter?...sounds like some crazy paint would like to know how to get some hands on it or even something that looks just like it except withought the radar defense to it...let me know if you find anything like it...to bad the gutless stole her from you...revenge is sweet and if not karma takes care of it...now the wheels do you have any pics of those?...not sure i know what wheels you are talking about im thinking something solid so maybe nothing can penetrate into the brakes/wheels ...but not that important...also what do i do just pick any rims i like then take them into to get flat black powdercoated? or?....wonder where i could get one of those good state trooper bumper ram bars for the front?...nothign to major as i dont want it to kill my speed with its weight just somthing a little beefier just in case its ever needed...anyone else with any ideas im already sinking 15k into this engine so lets build the indestructable nightmare machine...thanks again and hope you dont see me on the highway...heheh...noah.

Apocolyptic bladed wheeels

The F117a is the Fighter Bomber and the radar absorbing paint they use is not available to the public. These wheels are made by Bonspeed called Laguna, what's nice about them you can send in a paint chip and they'll paint em' whatever color your Armagedon heart desires..They also have SS wheel accents that fit behind wheel that one could have painted flt blk.as well giving the wheel a more solid look your wanting. Go to their site you'll see what I mean behind the wheel or just a plain jane blk disc brake dust protectors. The bladed section can be painted or the whole wheel from what I gather. Smallest wheel is 17" and backspace runs from 4"-5". Found these wheels on NewstalgiaWheels.com. it's a nice site. I will find that new Flat Black HotRod paint for you may take a lil surfing. The other wheels I was thinking of were Hallibrands with knock offs they would look more menacing powdercoated flat black. You can probably get a pushbar on e-bay or a police auction.

The paint is Kustom Colors HotRod Flatz it is a Urethane based paint.

Nose Art

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's some nose art from Desert Storm off F117a and A10 WartHog, there a few more I may post. Always liked noseart always wanted to do a fighter theme on a car. Damage Inc. would look good on the hood of your MadMax flatblack GN

those wheels look pretty wicked...see if you can find the others sounds like the other one might be mean as well...keep it coming because i hope you all know 2012 is on the way better prepare...hehe...also those bumper bars are called pushbars ?...im thinking maybe the police might not want to sell me a set though anyone else know where to get these things or am i better off just getting an ironworker fabricator to build me a light weight set...thanks again all...noah.

just a quick tidbit, the paint doesnt absorb radar, its the RAM Radar absorbant material tha the aircraft is coated with. done a few f17a paint jobs in my days in the AF:)

Sounds good, we've got a car club around here known as the "Black Beast car club" and a couple of the guys got rid of the gloss and went to the flat black. There's two cameros that look awesome in it, a 69 and an 88. they both have 15'' mag wheels painted black. It looks super agressive, very end of the worldish. To bad I like my GN shiny (spent all yesterday waxing). If you go ahead with this paint and wheel scheme I want to see some pictures.

check out a paint called zero rust. It's a rust inhibitor paint but it can be used as a top coat also. I have seen some old trucks done in it and it looks real nice. I'm pretty sure it is flat but they sell a satin clear coat or something. I think maybe a few people even mixed the paint with clear and that creates a satin look.

Radar Absorbant Material

Iron ball paint
One of the most commonly known types of RAM is iron ball paint. It contains tiny spheres coated with carbonyl iron or ferrite. Radar waves induce molecular oscillations from the alternating magnetic field in this paint, which leads to conversion of the radar energy into heat. The heat is then transferred to the aircraft and dissipated.

The iron particles in the paint are obtained by decomposition of iron pentacarbonyl and may contain traces of carbon, oxygen and nitrogen. Carbonyl iron is also used as a catalyst and in medicine as an iron supplement, even though it is toxic in higher doses.

A related type of RAM consists of neoprene polymer sheets with ferrite grains or carbon black particles (containing about 30% of crystalline graphite) embedded in the polymer matrix. The tiles were used on early versions of the F-117A Nighthawk, although more recent models use painted RAM. The painting of the F-117 is done by industrial robots with the plane covered in tiles glued to the fuselage and the remaining gaps filled with iron ball paint.

The United States Air Force introduced a radar absorbent paint made from both ferrofluidic and non-magnetic substances. By reducing the reflection of electromagnetic waves, this material helps to reduce the visibility of RAM painted aircraft on radar.

Kustom Color Flatz Paint

Here's a car in Flatz Black. The paint isn't completely flat what I gathered is they keep a 30% Satin sheen which looks better then plain flat.

\\\\\\\\\\\

If youve ever watched spike TV you probably have seen or heard of the show trucks. They did a project "Old Skool" with a flat black job. Looked sweet. But, the important thing they did, is its base/clear. If you paint just flat black primer, it is porous and not waterproof. Not sure on the details, but it came out looking just like what you are looking for.

yep im def. going with some sort of flat black...i think the prob is i did a bike in it once and anytime you touched or rubbed up against the paint it would stain and get darker ...had marks all over it...guess thats why you need the clear in the process somewhere to stop it looking like crap...the color on that bike looks the best...the car might be a bit shiny...is that the same paint on both??....now i just need to fabricate a custom bumper guard and find the right wheels in flat black as well...engine is going to be black, chrome and an ancient buick green...so its all going to look sick...thanks everyone...noah.

HotRod Flatz

Here's a T-bucket. Go to tcpglobal.com and look at the gallery for yourself. They have so many colors even metallic Flatz colors.

I just picked up a set of wheels that im told were off an 88 caprice. With no center caps these things look scary, all black and a big piece of flat steel for the center. I might clean em up and use them for daily driver wheels and put my gn wheels away.

STAY AWAY FROM HOT ROD FLATZ!!! It's pure crap.... if you want the flat look then do it the old skool way... a good flat primer, wet sand, another set of primer, wet sand then wax... You can actually do as many coats of primer as you want, but the wetsand/wax is where you get that old skool black look... It will chalk up eventually, but you just do a LIGHT wetsand and rewax. If your car lives in the garage it should be just fine and not chalk up for many years... but you still have to wash and wax it like a regular paint job to keep the flat look.

It actually takes some skill to do it, but like any paint job it's all in the prep and wet sanding... The cool thing about this method is that you can really do it in your driveway. I am getting ready to do a 71 GTO with this method here in about two weeks. The owner and I are supposed to do it together, but it will most likely be just me doing it... the cool thing is we are doing it in his driveway lol. :cool:

hmm not sure on the paint now...i really dont like the way flat black chalks up like that...looks like crap...im also thinking if i ever sell this car ill have to paint it again...heres the new plan...paint it the same glossy shiny black ...but...

i will get the flat black powdercoated all black rims black sidewalls, ill also paint the bumpers flat black and perhaps the small fin scoop thing on the trunk...maybe put the gnx flares around the wheel wells and do those in flat black as well...

i will also fabricate the menacing front police bush bashing bar and paint that flat as well...this way if i ever sell the car i can just take off the flat stuff redo bumpers and presto stock looking car....well im still in the middle of engine assembly so have a ways to go yet...aiming for the beast to come alive in the next 3 weeks and when i find my memory card for my digi cam ill post some pics...

if any;one sees any evil looking rims around post them up and see if they work with this monster...thanks...noah.

Back