selling my GN

toomanymodz

A neighbor has offered me 30k for my ride. I told him I'd give it serious consideration since I've owned and loved this car for 9 years and it's quite a large decision for me. I have probably close to double that in it, but that's the way it goes. I still have another toy to play with, so letting this one go is a logical step towards my early retirement plans. I'd like to purchase a modest property out west, and this helps with that also. I have a spare engine, built by Weber, spare wheels etc. I figure I'd get 6k for everything I have laying around.

It's hard to sell a car that I can drive 2 hours to the track, with the A/C on and cruise control set, blast low tens and drive home with 1/4 tank of gas still remaining. It's the perfect Gentleman's race car that can be daily-driven if needed. Decisions decisions. I thought about pulling the T/A engine out and selling it, putting the Weber stroker engine back in and selling it that way. Not sure if it would net any better $$. I don't even know what the T/A engine is worth, but it cost about $20k to build. Thoughts/comments?

IMG_6720.JPG

TA 014.JPG

ill trade you mine :ROFLMAO:
30k you like your neighbor? that baby looks to be at least 40 with that motor
what is your other toy

well I wouldn't touch the Chevelle, tough decision
sweet GN my wife would get rid of the GN in a heart beat ,she wants a Chevelle or nova
not me
I got rid of my 93 bronco and little 16 foot skiff for my GN I do miss my bronco not the boat

Everything has a price if you are happy with the offer take it if not don't do it or you will regret it. Who built the TA motor, if it's a big name it fetch's more money due to the name. Remember you are in control therefore relax and do what is right for you. Cheers

Seems cheap to me but who knows. Some people wait over a year for a TA motor build. Search some similar builds and see what they went for. After watching a never driven, never will be driven GNX go for 200 grand, I think the value of all our cars went up.:unsure:

Thoughts/comments?
its tough to get the money out of the cars unless its a low mile stocker,its a labor of love when the cars a modded.parting out would net you more,unless you find someone who really appreciates what it takes to build a stage motor/gn.with that said i see alot of gn owners that in the end sell low and they waited for a long time hoping for the right buyer.the time value of money comes into play.the 30g is no effort or waiting on your part and selling the backup motor should be easy,swapping the weber motor and pulling the ta may make you wait even longer because it costs more.not alot of guys have that kind of coin that are into modded buicks.

I agree with Mr. Spool a bird in the hand it better than 2 in the bush, when opportunity comes you have to take a good look at it.

As much as I've enjoyed my car hobby and building up my GN, if I knew then what I know now, I'd buy one all done like this.

Good luck in your decision. When I was deciding on wheels and tires, I can't tell you how many times I've studied the stance of your car.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My opinion is for $30K you'd be selling the car short. You can't buy anything nearly as exciting as a clean, well modified GN for $30K. If you need to move on, that's another matter, but if you don't, why sell it?

Yes we as tr guys knows its worth more nut lets be honest. Few outside of the tr crowd would.pay that for a modded one. And the gn guys are cheap so u wont get it from them lol. Its on the low side but cash is king. Whqt its worth and what u can get are usually very different things..

We discussed the deal this morning and I've decided to take some additional time considering the offer. This will be car #9 for him and he is running into a storage issue. lol. And this gives me a chance to enjoy the car for another couple of months. We both aren't in a hurry.

We discussed the deal this morning and I've decided to take some additional time considering the offer. This will be car #9 for him and he is running into a storage issue. lol. And this gives me a chance to enjoy the car for another couple of months. We both aren't in a hurry.
So it's definitely SOLD?