Serious Problems

BradWE4

I am having engine problems. I bought the car last week and am having problems with buring oil, it is intermittent. You can't even notice it at idle, WOT, or crusing but right when you get on the gas and at about 3000-3500 rpm's blue puffs. The person I bought it from said the engine had about 2100-2400 miles on it and I drove it back 700 miles so I thought by the time I got it home it would have been broken in. It burned a little oil when I test drove it but not enough to make me think it could have been a ring going so I dissmised it assuming it was from sitting for so long. Could it be the turbo or something more serious?
Thanks,
Brad

pull off the turbo intake pipe and see if you can move the turbo shaft. up and down a little is ok but there should be no in and out. thats what i had on my trans am with similar symptoms.

I pulled the turbo last night and replaced it with my known good PTE-51 and it still smoked so my guess is a bad ring. It's funny though when I checked the exhaust pipes by covering both pipes with cloth looking for some of oily residue to show up on them all I found was black residue from the outside of the pipe. The car runs great but having a great looking car that is fast as hell but puts blue smoke is unacceptable.
Anymore thoughts on what it could be?

Pull the plugs and see if there all evenly covered by soot or just one.

A buddy had bad valve guides after a rebuild..the shop forgot to replace them when they rebuilt the motor.Had another friend that blew a head gasket and warped the tray under the intake cuasing oil to seep into the intake.

If it were mine,I'd put a fresh set of plugs and drive it a couple of days..then pull the plugs and see where that takes you to.If its all cylinders..then its an intake deal.One cylinder..valve guide or oil ring.Pullthe intake pipe and see if theres oil in it.

A bad PCV could also cuase this.

HTH

I would doubt you had 6 bad oil rings.It is not the common plus all your plugs would show high amounts of contaminents from burning oil.AKA fouled plugs.

Start with what I gave you and chime in the results.Ok?

Throttle body should not have any signs of oil.If it does start there.