serious questions about some upgrades pls. help

here is my problem. i was goin to put 50lb injector in my car,so i call conley's in texas he ask for the mods on my car.i told him he i said i didnt have enough turbo for 50's and said i had to much converter in my car for my set up. he said a te-51 would best turbo and that if i wasnt goin to go bigger turbo not to go over 43's. my question is has follows would 50's hurt me,if i don't step turbo and do you think that the nine in. is really hurting me that bad. the car had all mods when i got it just startin to work on it my self now. the car works good, but has surgin problems around 21 lb of boost that is why i was goin to step up the injectors ,so i thought i had the money i would go 50's and give me room to had on later. well that it guys pls help and give your honest suggestions so i can keep movin foward in this task thanks randy. new to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell us any numbers during these 21 psi runs as far as O2 TPS knock counts and MAF? I ran MSD 50's with my TE 44, you could run them fine with your ta49. I personally would think this would be a good combo. You also said you are running a atr 107 chip. What fuel are you running with this chip installed? I would also ask what stall is the convertor and is it a lockup or non lockup?

the o2 reads about 775 and no knocks detected on the count and i run 112 octane . the converter said to be around 4 grand set up. thanxs machinegun

I doubt this is your problem but it could be.... Red's 107 chips are made for much higher boost than 21. He usually warns that anything below 23-24 can cause the car to run rich..

ks

4000 stall converter? Is that correct? If so, that's a lot of converter for the street. Better to have 32-3500 or so, even street/strip. The surging could be several things, valve springs for example. For your direct question, 50's can be made to run on stock turbos so the 49 isn't necessarily your problem IMO. Might try a search on PT-51 turbos before you buy; they haven't been getting good press as of late.