Serpentine Belt

BFlat

I've read a bunch of posts regarding which belt to use, and I'm still confused after reading all the suggestions. Would some kind soul please give me the brand and model number of the replacement belt that fits & where I could get one? Old belt looks okay, but I have a bunch of stuff removed for AC compressor install so figure I might as well replace the belt. It's an '87 turbo limited. Thanks.

for all stock pulleys and stock parts only... I used this one and got it at NAPA.
1718405645162.png

Scratch that last post I screwed up. I could not delete it in time.
I thought that was it but I went out to the car and found different.
Its a NAPA Micro-V 060637 6PK1620 made by Gates for stock components and stock pulleys. 63.77 inches.
Correct GN Belt from NAPA.jpg

Last edited:
" Its a NAPA Micro-V 060637 6PK1620 made by Gates for stock components and stock pulleys. 63.77 inches. "

That's what I usually use with a well used tensioner.

637K6 K Series Poly V Belt​

63.7 Pitch Length - 64.45 Outside Measurement X 6 ribs

Here’s what I’ve been using for years & can highly recommend this belt size.
Think it is slightly shorter than the factory recommended size , but outs the tensioner in its sweet spot. Believe it’s 63.5” long

IMG_1396.jpeg

Here’s what I’ve been using for years & can highly recommend this belt size.
Think it is slightly shorter than the factory recommended size , but outs the tensioner in its sweet spot. Believe it’s 63.5” long

View attachment 400204
I think these have been discontinued. I bought a couple off Rockauto many years ago. High quality, quiet, and fitment was perfect. Have not seen them for sale anywhere for years..

continentals elite ploy V belt is the equivalent to the good year gator back that has been discontinued ....

I think these have been discontinued. I bought a couple off Rockauto many years ago. High quality, quiet, and fitment was perfect. Have not seen them for sale anywhere for years..
You are correct , however if you keep your eyes peeled you occasionally can find the Goodyear Gatorback belts for sale by members on various TR sites (which is where I’ve been able to score a couple). Failing that sometimes pop up on e-bay
The length is most important , regardless of the make be sure to look for 4060635