Sharing some engine pics

RED LS1

I bought this car almost 3 years ago now. It was 100% stock with a very hard 52,000 miles. The engine compartment was a total mess. At first I did some basic things to get me going like inj, chip, MAF, filter. The car ran solid and went 13.80 with no launch. After that I tore down the top end and repainted most of it and drove it for the next 2 years. I just finished another phase I had been planning and I'm finally not embarrassed to open the hood. I know there are some amazing looking engine compartments out there and this is pretty basic Buick stuff but that's exactly what I was going for. Nothing too crazy. Hoping to make an 11 sec pass in the Fall.

Precision SLIC, Polished 6262, TA Perf 3"DP just added to finish the front of the motor. Here's some pics. I still need to do the alternator I realize that.

looks good ...nice and sanitary

tuff stuff alternators make a nice polished unit for a couple hundred bucks that would finish that off nicely

I'll check them out. I always liked the polished look along with a polished Alternator. However, I'm considering a resto of the stock one on there to look new grey/black a well. Not sure yet.

Very nice transformation its night and day. :cool:

Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. The only issue I have is the Fender liners are really bad because of 35 y/o undercoat. I've tried about everything

Just did this to this 87 Turbo T.

Attachments

• PC060001.JPG
    PC060001.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 40
  • P4020001 (3).JPG
    P4020001 (3).JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 38
  • P4020002 (1).JPG
    P4020002 (1).JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 37
I bought this car almost 3 years ago now. It was 100% stock with a very hard 52,000 miles. The engine compartment was a total mess. At first I did some basic things to get me going like inj, chip, MAF, filter. The car ran solid and went 13.80 with no launch. After that I tore down the top end and repainted most of it and drove it for the next 2 years. I just finished another phase I had been planning and I'm finally not embarrassed to open the hood. I know there are some amazing looking engine compartments out there and this is pretty basic Buick stuff but that's exactly what I was going for. Nothing too crazy. Hoping to make an 11 sec pass in the Fall.

Precision SLIC, Polished 6262, TA Perf 3"DP just added to finish the front of the motor. Here's some pics. I still need to do the alternator I realize that.

Looks great.

Thanks you. So does the T and I love the Stock look as much as anything. Sometimes I wish I could have restored this motor back to 100% stock look.