You can type here any text you want

Sheet metal intake?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

What are the positives and negatives of a sheetmetal intake vs a carb converted efi intake?
I want to run my car on the street the odd time for a cruse etc.
I have a C.a.s. intake and a carb intake that is port matched to my stage II heads.
Just curious on the effects of the longer runners and so on.
I already have a pte upper and 90mm t-body for the carb intake.

T.I.A.!;)

I'm using the converted 4V, and I highly recommend that you go with it, too.

BTW, since you're not going to need the sheet metal manifold for a while, why don't you just send it to me, and I'll do a long-term test, and get back to you with the results. ;)

You are a saintly man, Cheesburger.

Actually, if I were you I'd use the sheetmetal manifold. I don't think there's that much performance difference, and it would look bitchin', I think. And looks do matter, IMO. :D

Mike,

If the SM Intake is done right, it should have better air distribution. The 4bl intakes are pretty good though!

I will see how it goes, i guess not too many guys have run them both.
Anyone use a lenco/jeffco transmission with a stage 2 motor before?

Mike,

What are you doing/buying?
I do not know of anyone using a lenco with a stage 2.
I am not saying it has not been done. A Liberty or G-Force would have less drag. Going to a clutch can take the fun out of a car.
You might be better off with a good glide and a neal chance converter.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Mike,

What are you doing/buying?

I have someone interested in my car, he has a 67 pro stock camaro that he wants to trade...........thinking about it!
His motor is apart, and needs pistons.........i can rebuild that motor or put my stage motor in.

Trade him the car. Rebuild his motor and put a turbo on it.
Sell your stage 2 stuff!

I think Buddy Ingersoll ran a Lenco in the old days. Bill Anderson uses a Liberty transmission.

There is a guy who is selling his tube chassis roller gn on www.racingjunk.com who ran a 7.5? @181 using the lenco/bruno combo. Seems as though it would work, mike. I think the lenco or any drive type tranny like that uses up a lot of power, not to mention the lenco is about 8 grand. I would look into it more.:)

Oops, forgot that Pete Bernard was getting together a bruno/lenco last year as well.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Mike,
. . . Going to a clutch can take the fun out of a car. . .

Anything fast enuff needing a Lenco/Clutch will always be fun,Regaurdless of the trans.:) Except for the Burnt Clutches,Rolled Sprags & hours of getting the perfect set up.Not to speek of the cost of setting the car up for a lenco.:eek:

GOOD LUCK on what ever you decide to do, & keep us posted on you success. It always to great to hear about BAD AZZ BUICKS running well.:D

I have a Lenco in my car.It is a alot of work.I'm learning more every pass.You will need a data logger for sure.If you need help I can point you in the right direction.I just ditched the air shift and put back the levers in.Scott

Originally posted by BEATBY6
I have a Lenco in my car.It is a alot of work.I'm learning more every pass.You will need a data logger for sure.If you need help I can point you in the right direction.I just ditched the air shift and put back the levers in.Scott

Nothings carved in stone yet, thanks for the offer!
What are racepaks worth these days?

Originally posted by BEATBY6

Scott,

How is the car running?

John,

Car is running good.I just need to get the chassis cert done.My sticker ran out and the track will not let me run any faster than 10.00 I have a appt. to get it done next week.I need to make 1 more pass and I will have my license.The last run I made it pulled the wheels up 12'' when I grabbed 3rd gear and carried them far enough to make me check my shorts.I will post vids when I get them.Scott

Back