You can type here any text you want

She's arunnin' agin

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

I put the new 160's in last week ... I got them from Chuck "Sheep" Leeper. I was suspicious at first since they looked like stock injectors with larger holes drilled in them. :D

So yesterday I got back the turbo from Craig.....all purtied up. Bigger wheel too. So I put that on this morning while freezing my butt. Dern, 32 degrees is cold.

Anyway, I fired it up....idled a little rough but it used to with the 83's when it was cold. BPW was 2.2...seemed high to me but I thought I'd wait until it warmed up.

Once warm and it went into closed loop it really started to idle badly and stalled a few times. At idle the BPW was 1.4....with the 83's it was 1.8. It seems to me it should be a lot less than 1.4 since the injectors are twice as big.

I messed around with the VE for a few and thought I'd better not do that too long if it's washing the cylinders.

All I changed was the injector size in the config file. The A/F with the 83's at idle was 12.5 and since the engine idled fine at that A/F with the 83's I can't see why I'd have to change that.

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something and am I supposed to make any other changes? Any other suggestions also welcome.

Thanks, Chris

You may be running into the limit of how fast an injector that big can open and close reproducibly. I bet if you go for a drive you will see the pw not getting much bigger until you are pretty far off idle. I run 72's with saturated drivers and the idle pw is about 2 msec and holding a steady 50 or 60 mph in od it's barely over 3 msec :-). You just need twice the cylinder volume to compensate :-).

Thanks for the insight Carl. So far I hate them...:)

I may end up putting the 83's back in for Vegas....I'd hate to spend the two days tuning it and not get in any good racing.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
set the fuel prest at 30# and put the injector size at 130

Ahhh. Never thunk a that.

How would that affect the rest of the FAST settings...which are really close right now.? Wouldn't it throw my VE map out the window? And make me spend the two days in Vegas re-tuning? (I ain't the greatest tuner in the world). :)

Thanks, Chris

it should stay fairly close but will need some tweakink. (it wont be any further out of whack than it would with just putting the inj in and dialing in 160)

I just went out and tried what you said Bill. It now idles just like before with the 83's and it doesn't want to die when I give it gas. The DC is 1.4 with your settings and with the 83's it was 1.8.

This may be the ticket...thanks.

One more question .... is running 30 psi of fuel pressure safe for the engine at higher rpm? So far the 2025 doesn't like it...lol.

Chris

I run 35 psi with mine and have the constant set to 140. Why would your pump not like it?

TurboTR

Each increment I changed the fp the pump pitch changed and I thought it was laboring more. Yet now that you asked and I think about it....the pump would be less labored since it's pushing against less pressure not more. Thanks,

Chris

Back